TGIF 2014: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

• Moderators

24 OCT scenario:

Symmetrical Attack 10-HN-3011c

This is the "full" / "large" version of the scenario.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Red Feedback (just in case you forget). :)

Ideally adjust the spawn locations of K and L Coys so they aren't in the depths of Mirkwood.

Also move M Coy so it doesn't spawn straight into the penalty zone.

Last one - remember to consider the CR2s (Blue and Red I believe) and their busted TI.

• Moderators
Red Feedback (just in case you forget). :)

Ideally adjust the spawn locations of K and L Coys so they aren't in the depths of Mirkwood.

Also move M Coy so it doesn't spawn straight into the penalty zone.

Last one - remember to consider the CR2s (Blue and Red I believe) and their busted TI.

Thanks, all fixed now.

Both sides suffered from all issues, so I fixed them on Blue as well. I also lowered the elevation of the map a bit to make it more rolling and less, Himalayan. :bigsmile:

• Moderators

31 OCT scenario:

!Battle for Schwaben Creek Valley T-72 v5-OMU

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators
The last 2 times We played this one the mines where never cleared when the message was given, and no retreat was possible.

That being said I'll Co red.

Right, actually I *think* I fixed that here in "v4" of this scenario. Basically, I did away with the FASCAM and now it is handled via a penalty zone. If Red withdraws before the event message stating that the mined area is clear, then they will get engine damage if they drive into that mined area.

Once the event occurs and the message appears saying that the mines are clear, then Red should be able to pas through the mined area without any damages.

Of course there might be problems with the change, but it should work in theory.

• Moderators

BTW, I just updated it.

I was checking over it to make sure the mined area was fixed, then had the idea to change things up to keep it fresh. I changed it to own party map updates, added +10 minutes (because of the map updates), and changed the map theme from winter to arid (like an African environment).

Forgive me if this topic could be found in another place.

Is there a set system or way to submit missions for TGIF missions?

How would one go about submitting one, and also what needs to be included in in a mission for submittal?

Is there specific unit levels/sizes or a range?

I have seen the fair multiplayer reference in the wiki for comparable vehicles to place against each other, but is there anything else one should be aware of when making a mission of this size, and level for submission?

I currently have a mission I would like to submit, and want to make sure it is complete and viable for submission.

Thanks for any help that I have not already been given prior to this post. Just seeing if there is anything missing prior to submitting it.

Cougar11

• Moderators

You can email it to me at:

volcano (at) esimgames (dot) com

The way it works is, the scenario is evaluated for:

a) Balance

b) Scoring

c) Briefing

None of those are strict, but I just make sure that it is remotely balanced, it has a working score, and that it has a briefing. Whether the briefing is one sentence or several paragraphs does not matter. I am just making sure it isn't a map with units thrown on it, basically. ;)

I will then return some feedback and suggestions for consideration, or if everything looks good as-is then I will let you know. If the scenario needs additional work, then I wait for that. Either way, once it is good, then the scenario goes onto the "TGIF playlist" at a random place, and it is played in due time once it appears in the list.

• Moderators

7 NOV scenario:

West Telur Intervention A2

This scenario is new, created by someone in the community. It may have some rough edges.

NOTES:

Edited by Volcano

You can email it to me at:

volcano (at) esimgames (dot) com

The way it works is, the scenario is evaluated for:

a) Balance

b) Scoring

c) Briefing

None of those are strict, but I just make sure that it is remotely balanced, it has a working score, and that it has a briefing. Whether the briefing is one sentence or several paragraphs does not matter. I am just making sure it isn't a map with units thrown on it, basically. ;)

I will then return some feedback and suggestions for consideration, or if everything looks good as-is then I will let you know. If the scenario needs additional work, then I wait for that. Either way, once it is good, then the scenario goes onto the "TGIF playlist" at a random place, and it is played in due time once it appears in the list.

Thank you Volcano :)