TGIF 2014: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

I see a lot of ideas in this thread about what a TGIF sceario should be, yet I have not seen a single TGIF scenario created by those making the suggestions.

Careful what you wish for. :bigsmile: I've got one on the way, which hopefully I will submit for approval in the next week or so.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators
Careful what you wish for. :bigsmile: I've got one on the way, which hopefully I will submit for approval in the next week or so.

Speaking of which, I guess I should describe how it will work:

If anyone has a finished new scenario, send to me then I will look at it, and I will pass it to Sean to look over. We will then mention any concerns or suggestions, then once it passes the "it will not result in an obvious one sided result" test, then it will get inserted into the scenario play list in a random position. Just sayin' ;)

• Moderators

2 MAY scenario:

TGIF Norkistan vs Sorkistan v1d

This is a brand new scenario created by someone in the community, and as such, may have rough edges.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

Don't forget - 3.017 is what TGIF will be running on:

We have a new beta version available for testing. This version will be required for TGIF tomorrow.

This version fixes a bug that could cause a crash on the host if a client disconnects at a unlucky time.

If you suddenly drop from a session or experience a crash, you might want to make sure you save a copy of the log file, which can be found in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\logs. The last 12 log files are saved in that folder. Then open up a thread in the support forum or send a email via the bug reporting form at the link below. You may be asked to provide that log file.

Links to the file can be found here:

http://www.esimgames.com/?p=1654

• Moderators

Ugh, the scenario was updated to "version 1d" now. Hopefully this is the last update.

Changes:

-AI was allowed to use BLUE artillery, now they cannot.

-Scoring conditions were broken (a couple of > instead of < and vice versa)

-Added scoring info to the briefing (because it is complicated)

• Moderators

9 MAY scenario:

Relief to Defense 01-3011a

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

Oh, we may have another RB scenario to test for 10 minutes again, depending on the circumstances (and if Gibson obtains an updated scenario in time based on recent feedback). If we do run the test, then we have to start it quickly and the usual stragglers will have to wait until finished to join in. ;)

Minor point: I've tried to open up the amended scenario for Friday in the Mission Editor in order to select a side. When I tried, though, the first notice I got was that the system could not open the map, then a password was requested. No biggie, but thought I'd mention it in case there is a problem that I don't recognize...

Ah, yes the hmap file is probably not something you have on your end. Try opening it in Network Session. Basically, just host a network session with yourself, and pick the side, then go to planning phase. It should work that way. :)

Thx. Now you know why my learning curve is a perpetual vertical line...! :men_ani:

Done. Both sides look most interesting. Time to start flipping coins...

Edited by Tango29
Cfm .sce opening successful