TGIF 2014: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

• Moderators

6 JUN scenario:

Bridge Crossing Heavy 2013

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

13 JUN scenario:

Mech Company MTC (1975)

This is a new scenario and may have some rough edges.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

20 JUN scenario:

TF Hydra 1980-3011a

This scenario is very large, and if we don't have enough people then we will play something else/smaller. (Ideally, I think both sides need at least 6 people, but 8 on Red would be best.)

This scenario received a lot of updating, so it might still have rough edges.

NOTES:

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators
Any chance we can finish the RT testing this TGIF?

Send the scenario to Sean and myself again please.

Also, I don't think we need to run it for 10 minutes, maybe just 5 minutes, if anything (considering that the scenario designers should, by now, know to do with the scenario to make it work). The trouble is, this week's scenario is pretty long so we have to get it going quickly and shouldn't waste too much time (considering the 30 minutes of planning + 20 minutes of wrangling + 10 minutes of dropping that usually happens during TGIF scenarios).

• Moderators

Not that anyone will volunteer, but I forgot to mention that "it would be nice" if we had the following volunteers:

Blue CO

US company commander

UK company commander

DE company commander

Red CO

Recce company commander

1st Bn commander

2nd Bn commander

...it is not vital that there are volunteers for these positions, but they are open if anyone wants it.

Not that anyone will volunteer, but I forgot to mention that "it would be nice" if we had the following volunteers:

Blue CO

US company commander

UK company commander

DE company commander

Red CO

Recce company commander

1st Bn commander

2nd Bn commander

...it is not vital that there are volunteers for these positions, but they are open if anyone wants it.

I'll take the UK coy commander slot.

Send the scenario to Sean and myself again please.

Also, I don't think we need to run it for 10 minutes, maybe just 5 minutes, if anything (considering that the scenario designers should, by now, know to do with the scenario to make it work). The trouble is, this week's scenario is pretty long so we have to get it going quickly and shouldn't waste too much time (considering the 30 minutes of planning + 20 minutes of wrangling + 10 minutes of dropping that usually happens during TGIF scenarios).

PM with link sent.

Happy to run for 10 or 5 or whatever just to get a feel for how it will run for lots of different people with variable connection speeds.

• Moderators

Unfortunately I had to correct a few errors in the scenario. It has been updated above (http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=260125&postcount=209).

A couple of conditions had errors, red's waypoints were not computer owned and should have been (to keep people from deleting them), and a few clarifications were made in the briefing.

• Moderators

27 JUN scenario:

!Should I Stay or Should I Go 2013a-872

NOTES:

Edited by Volcano