3.011 update out now!

Rotareneg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to downloading, but just a reminder to the people taking part in OPV4 that Tacbat intends to run the last mission using 3.002

Correct.

Why should it be played in 3.002? Tacbat? :eek2:

For continuity reasons. CO's have made reinforcement choices and their battle plans in 3.002, so I'm not going to screw them over by moving to 3.011 a day before the last, most important mission of the entire campaign. I'm also not willing to risk a possible undected bug making it's appearance in the last mission and adversly affecting the outcome of the campaign. I'm just playing it safe. ;)

• Moderators
Correct.

For continuity reasons. CO's have made reinforcement choices and their battle plans in 3.002, so I'm not going to screw them over by moving to 3.011 a day before the last, most important mission of the entire campaign. I'm also not willing to risk a possible undected bug making it's appearance in the last mission and adversly affecting the outcome of the campaign. I'm just playing it safe. ;)

Well, just saying. This update is a patch at the moment, so if it is installed then there will be no 3.002, so that will adversely affect the outcome. ;) It is your call of course - it's your campaign.

So here is what we should all do, as a community then:

Firstly, TGIF will be played in 3.011 tonight, it is the reason why the update was released this early. ;) I guess at worse we will have two TGIF session going if we need to.

However, we have three cases here:

A) You don't plan on playing OPV tomorrow:

Just install the 3.011 update and you are good.

OR

B) You DO plan on playing OPV tomorrow and haven't installed 3.011 update yet:

Do the following steps before you install the 3.011 update:

1. BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE UPDATE, copy and paste your 3.002 folder and duplicate it. Rename it to something like "SB Pro PE 3002".
  2. Then install the update.
  3. In the OPV game tomorrow, run SB from the "SB Pro PE 3002" folder that you duplicated above.
  4. After the OPV game tomorrow, delete your "SB Pro PE 3002" folder (the one you created as duplicate above). Done.

OR

C) You already installed the 3.011 update and planned on playing OPV tomorrow:

1. You will need to download the 3.002 full install again and install it to some other place. You will then have two official installations of SB.
  2. Play TGIF in 3.011, and OPV in 3.002 other installation.
  3. Then wait until the full install of 3.011 is available (next week I think), download it.
  4. Uninstall all versions of SB before installing the 3.011 full install that you download.
  5. After uninstalling everything, install the full version of 3.011. Done.

• Moderators
Why?,You can have both versions,just make a copy of 3.002 before installing 3.11.

Yes of course, but the problem is that everyone doesn't do this as a rule before installing a new version. This is what we are all trying to discuss before too many people install before duplicating the folder, but yes that is the solution.

I'm still working on them. There's so much stuff to weed through, I underestimated how long it would take me.

Need.

sleep.

gah.

No problem.

Get some sleep

Found the news link on Sim HQ.

The new lighting looks amazing.

And some new ammo for the T-62. (Sweet)

Edited by Marko

Just d'led and installed without a problem , but I cant find a patch changelog / doc file anywhere .

Can one be made available please ?

It's coming.

See here:

I'm still working on them. There's so much stuff to weed through, I underestimated how long it would take me.

Need.

sleep.

gah.