3.011 update out now!

Rotareneg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"new lighting": pardon my ignorance, but how is this specifically visible ? what should I notice ?

Not that I don't have the impression that things look better; they seem to do, especially the infantry.

I'm just not familiar enough with the computer lingo: what is lighting ?

THX !

• Members
"new lighting": pardon my ignorance, but how is this specifically visible ? what should I notice ?

Not that I don't have the impression that things look better; they seem to do, especially the infantry.

I'm just not familiar enough with the computer lingo: what is lighting ?

THX !

Human characters (plus their equipment) now use 'normal' and 'specular' textures which means that it is possible to display additional detail (like folds in the clothing, 'shininess' of certain parts etc) without having to increase a model's polygonal complexity. They also use the same lighting algorithm as the rest of the models (like tanks and buildings..), which makes them blend in much better with the environment, and they can cast shadows onto themselves (eg the torso casting a shadow on, say, an arm). Finally, there is a new lighting model (for all 'things') that brings out these details even if indirect (as opposed to only direct) light is present.

• Moderators
We've just finished the Release Notes. (also on the Downloads page)

BTW, for anyone wondering -- note that the release notes references a "full installer", and instructs you to uninstall all old versions of SB before doing the full install. However, AFAIK, the full installer is not yet released, I think that will appear next week. So, for the moment there is just a the update install, which is installed over 3.002 (and works just as well as the full installer).

I just wanted to clarify that (but maybe I missed that the full installer was released already?).

• Members

Not sure what you mean by "upgrading your dongle"...?

You can purchase a license update. That will give you an additional license on your CM stick for all Steel Beasts Pro PE version of the 3.0 development branch until a new upgrade is out (maybe in a year or so) - in this case, 3.002 and 3.011 (and who knows, maybe there will be additional free updates in the coming months). So, you would upgrade Steel Beasts and add one more license to your CM stick.

Your installed CodeMeter Runtime does not support direct activation using Websockets. Please update your CodeMeter Runtime and make sure that Websockets are turned on. Alternatively, you can choose Activation using Java/ActiveX or Offline Activation.

Error Code = 0x18088007

This is an error I get when I looked at the codemeter software.