3.011 update out now!

Rotareneg

• Members
Just purchased an upgrade. I have the dongle installed and now what do I need to do.Last time I did this I caused a screw up so I am very reluctant!:c:

The ticket contains a link to a help thread in this forum, you may want to check that out. In principle, uninstall old CodeMeter software and old Steel Beasts versions (if there's still one installed older than 3.002). If you have 3.002 installed, keep it. Apply the 3.011 update. This will also install the CodeMeter runtime version 5.10a.

Then follow the license upgrade ticket. If it doesn't install, maybe try a different USB port on your computer. That the stick lights up, flickers, and then stops glowing is normal. That's no indication of a failure.

It may be that the firmware of your CM stick is too old. The help thread describes how you can update it.

It may be that your CM stick doesn't contain an old SB Pro PE license, so the upgrade cannot be performed.

It may be that you have an old SB Pro PE 2.4 license of the first generation of CM sticks that we ever issued, and that you never applied any license update to it before. In that case, please contact me by email.

If none of these hints give you a clue, it's time to run CmDUST and to send me the resulting "CmDust-Result.log" file as an email attachment. Maybe I can find something in it to help you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now have the downloaded downloaded from eSim Games, but being the old non-technical guy that I am, I have not figured out just how to do the actual update. I thought that I'd got it sorted, and then I was asked to insert the correct disc to continue. At that point I headed straight for this thread.

I regret the imposition, but can I get some guidance on just how to get the upgrade installed? In return, I'll be happy to instruct you on how to wear boots and puttees and how to tune a 42 set!

TIA! :bigsmile:

• Members
I now have the downloaded downloaded from eSim Games, but being the old non-technical guy that I am, I have not figured out just how to do the actual update. I thought that I'd got it sorted, and then I was asked to insert the correct disc to continue.

As far as I remember, this question only comes up with a number of SB1 versions and SB Pro PE 2.483 (which requires the 2.460 disc).

This is unnecessary!

Whenever a version says "full installer" it means that there is no patch sequence leading to it. Check the corresponding Release Notes for the version that you want to install, and follow the instructions in it.

If a version is a "patch" or an "update" like 3.011, the corresponding base version must be installed first. I don't remember anything after the SB1 days where several patches had to be installed consecutively. It's always "base version" + "latest update", period.

Read. The. Release. Notes!

For some reason i am getting this response every time i am trying to unpack the update .exe file:

Extracting files to C:\Users\Stoff\Downloads folder

Checksum error in setup.exe

Unexpected end of archive

I did update the codemeter software to 5.10a. For some reason the torrent link does not work for me either.

Can anybody explain what i am doing wrong ? Thanks !

Well it seems your download went wrong (are you sure you downloaded all parts and placed them next to each other, ie into the same folder?).

I thought there was only one 586 mb part to it, for the 3.011 update. I did not intend to download the full gigabyte sized updated SB Pro PE 3.011.

I tried to download the update patch 3 times with the same results.