Loading Skins under 3.011

apoll

Hi. I am wondering where to download and place the dds files for the FRiTZ Leo2e skin? I followed the steps by RogueSnake79's tutorial, but there is no bmp file, only dds files with the FRiTZ download. Can I use this skin with the latest version at all, or do they all have to be updated to work with 3.0011? Grateful advice.

Thanks.

Apoll

• Members

DDS files can be treated just like BMPs or JPGs. If multiple files of the same name but different types are present in a folder, the DDS file received priority, JPG next, and only if neither of the two are present the BMP file would be taken.

Hmmm. Too true;the way to ruination is paved with assumptions! Yes, I'll suck it and see what happens. BTW, just watched your BG ANZAC Jaala (?) YouTube vid: I immediately had flashbacks...the authentic RTP...the armoured corps style of orders on the run...you (I'm assuming it was you?) controlling from 0A....etc. I thought I was a troop leader again listening to my SUNRAY! It was well done. I think I'm going to have to brush off my old 'viewie-twoies' if I'm going to be a part of BG ANZAC... Also shows what this simulation is capable of in experienced hands.

Apoll out

Well we try and share the CO duties where possible but for that one yes I was in charge (just a well we did OK as I didn't know it was being recorded. :)).

Its good to develop everyone's skills so we welcome people who want to give it a go.

We also have an ex 5/7 RAR guy so the dismounts get the right guidance.

Always good to see a new face in the Mess and here you don't spend half your day in the compound or at the wash point. :)

See you when you can make it.

We will probably transition to 3.011 for the coming Thursday.