New Resource Site

GaryOwen

I've been fiddling around with HTML code for the past week or so and have managed to get some SB related resources posted. The site has some short instructional type stuff for people new to tank sims and I'm starting to add content that may be of interest to scenario designers.

Here's the URL: http://www.1stusvcav.com

Feedback welcome.

By the end of the week I going to try and have the TOEs completed for Motor Rifle and Tank Regiments (it's just cutting, pasting, and tagging hyperlinks), and I'll try and post an exercise scenario with a land navigation course in a HMMWV moving from one grid to the next with the map updates turned off. That will help with reading grids and using terrain association.

On a side note, be sure to include that site you had showed me regarding OPORD briefings and how to read them. I've been slowly learning from that site myself and I do know others would benefit from learning how to read an OPORD brief. Of course this helps in writing them to with respect to scenario creation.:drink:

I never bookmarked that site, I'd have trouble finding the exact one again. If you send me the link, I'll put it up, though. Good idea about breaking down the different paragraphs of the OPORD.

Here you go:

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/training_the_force/the-operation-order-opord.shtml

This is an excellent resource.:cvcsalut:

On a side note, be sure to include that site you had showed me regarding OPORD briefings and how to read them.

I've just posted a brief explanation of the structure of the 5 paragraph OPORD. That as well as the land navigation course scenario for the map reading section.

Regarding videos, it might be better to make them less IE specific. Maybe converting them to flash movies?

Thanks for that suggestion. It may be a while before I can spend the time to learn enough about flash to get anything worthwhile up, but it would certainly improve the presentation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been letting this lie fallow for a while. I've recently added a bit new content, however. Particularly, I've come across a hard-copy of the tank platoon ARTEP manual and I've typed out a fair amount of the task performance measure checklists. They might be helpful for anyone thinking about working on platoon level scenarios.

http://www.1stusvcav.com