What are you favourite Infantry-scenario's ?

Koen

Now that 3.011 is out and that Infantry truly shines in it, which scenario's would you recommend:

a) with a focus on infantry action, or at least a decent amount of it

b) and a well crafted mission

My take:

* Russo_Turk Battle T-72M1 2_640 - author: LtGeorge

* Armoured Infantry Company Attack at Rydsgard 1991 (2.654) - author: Panzer_Leader

* Government Action (OK, maybe not overly infantry oriented, but still a splendid scenario ;-) - author: TankHunter

* DaSv2 - Holding Action (hmm, not sure if I there is actually infantry in this one, but also pretty good sce !) - author: LtGeorge

And a nice review of Infantry action on the GREAT "Real and Simulated Wars" site of JC:

Steel Beasts ProPE 3 - IFVs Supporting Infantry, and Vice Versa

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.be/2014/03/steel-beasts-prope-3-ifvs-supporting.html

NB you might check other SB vignettes recently posted by JC:

Steel Beasts ProPE 3.0 - The Battle for Tskhinvali: A Humble Foothold (2 of 2)

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.be/2014/02/steel-beasts-prope-30-battle-for.html

• 3 weeks later...
I will be running US infantry in the upcoming Operation Rising Bear and need more training on the dismounts. I didn't see much info on infantry use with the offline scenarios as of yet, and I'm having trouble with downloads.

Infantry is the queen of battle.

If you have the time, PM me and we can get together. I'm used to running a company plus of mech infantry in scenarios that I could give you tips on how to organize and run them within the game engine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

* Russo_Turk Battle T-72M1 2_640 - author: LtGeorge

* Armoured Infantry Company Attack at Rydsgard 1991 (2.654) - author: Panzer_Leader

* Government Action (OK, maybe not overly infantry oriented, but still a splendid scenario ;-) - author: TankHunter

* DaSv2 - Holding Action (hmm, not sure if I there is actually infantry in this one, but also pretty good sce !) - author: LtGeorge

are these missions suitable for beginner - single player?

are these missions suitable for beginner - single player?

IIRC you need to be able to command a Company (-) in most of these scenario's.

But the best way to find out, Tirta, is to just try them out ;-)

I'd say, start with Government Action (if you're still in 3.11, see bug in 3.19)

Anyone have any suggestions for specific maps that are particularly suited for scenario's focused on infantrycombat ?

Or good memories about terrain in infantry-scenario's ?

I know this is a bit of a general question, but I'm looking for idea's to create such a scenario.

The additional aim would be to experiment also with the surrendering/retreat-suggestions from this thread:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=20989

So I'm just looking for inspiration, thx for sharing eventually