Reducing Controller Sensitivity

Whisky-Delta

Hello

As titled I am attempting to reduce the controller sensitiviry for controlling the main sights. I have essentially bought an xbox 360 game pad with the intent of using for a slightly more realistic representation of the challenger 2 grip. However, I have calibrating the game pad but when in steel beasts it is just too sensitive. I tried with more practice but it was impossible to smoothly track targets and find that I only end up moving the thumb stick within 20% of its extents as beyond that you rotate the turret/ sights far faster than is use able. I can't see anything inside steel beasts to adjust such a setting and I did try x ladder 5.3 but from what I can see it has made no difference.

Any ideas? Any one tried using a psi controller on the pc?

Regards

Whisky

Hello

As titled I am attempting to reduce the controller sensitiviry for controlling the main sights. I have essentially bought an xbox 360 game pad with the intent of using for a slightly more realistic representation of the challenger 2 grip. However, I have calibrating the game pad but when in steel beasts it is just too sensitive. I tried with more practice but it was impossible to smoothly track targets and find that I only end up moving the thumb stick within 20% of its extents as beyond that you rotate the turret/ sights far faster than is use able. I can't see anything inside steel beasts to adjust such a setting and I did try x ladder 5.3 but from what I can see it has made no difference.

Any ideas? Any one tried using a psi controller on the pc?

Regards

Whisky

The resolution of the game-controller is too low to represent the CR2 handle. (also the original CR2 handle is controlled by the pressure you apply to the thumb-button and not by a thumb-"stick") So there are no settings that could change that.

For smoother tracking you need a "high resolution device" like the Thrustmaster 16000i...or a mouse

Like I said, it is meant to slightly more representative than using a joystick, so while I appreciate what you are saying in regards to the pressure as opposed to movement of the thumb stick and resolution may be lower, I doubt the resolution of the thumb stick is much lower than my £10, 5 year old joystick Which I Can Track Targets Very Smoothly. obviously due to the height differential between the joystick and thumb stick means it is easier to make small corrections but again when using a joystick in SB you only ever use the first 20% ish of full axis movement and the remainder if you need to spend the turret round double time.

So while I appreciate the x360 controller may not be as accurate as the real thing or the controller you mention, I am sure there is a settings which can be adjusted so instead of using of the thumb stick to maximum torrent traverse being a 1 to 1 relationship, I can reduce the sensitivity so 100 axis movement of the stick equates to half the turret traverse speed, resulting in more precision.

I just can't find a third party tool to enable that, xpadder notionaly can but it seemed to make no difference in my test.

Regards

Whisky