Unloading and then loading troops makes vehicle immovable

rump

Hi,

When unloading troops from a vehicle and then loading them, a vehicle can become immovable. It won't respond to route commands at all, manually driving it only works for a few meters (vehicle stops, you have to press 'w' again)

I found that the workaround here is to load the troops by the 'mount' command via the map view, do not use the 'Load troops' in the world view.

Regards,

Rump

• Moderators

Yes, we are aware of the issue but it hasn't been easy to catch so far. If you can create a test scenario that shows this then we will be happy to take a look at it. (A test scenario is one where as few units as possible are present, allowing us to debug the behavior and figure out what it is.)

Hi,

When unloading troops from a vehicle and then loading them, a vehicle can become immovable. It won't respond to route commands at all, manually driving it only works for a few meters (vehicle stops, you have to press 'w' again)

I found that the workaround here is to load the troops by the 'mount' command via the map view, do not use the 'Load troops' in the world view.

Regards,

Rump

Happened both with the hotkey and the interactiv menu in 3d world.

If you unload the troops again and load them again, the vehicule resume it route.

Not easy to reproduce, showed only twice during a 7h mission...

Happened both with the hotkey and the interactiv menu in 3d world.

If you unload the troops again and load them again, the vehicule resume it route.

Not easy to reproduce, showed only twice during a 7h mission...

Yes, hard to reproduce. A test mission I made is not showing the behaviour, as is the original scenario I noticed the behaviour in (it works ok now).

It seems to happen to vehicles which have their default troop configuration altered, say a rifle squad changed to a missile team.

Yes, we are aware of the issue but it hasn't been easy to catch so far. If you can create a test scenario that shows this then we will be happy to take a look at it. (A test scenario is one where as few units as possible are present, allowing us to debug the behavior and figure out what it is.)

Here is what you check. This is at least what I have found to be the case. If you are crewing a vehicle and you use the top down menu load, unload troops, everything is okay. If however you use the bottom right corner icon in order to unload or load troops, you get into trouble. Did the guy reporting this use the top down menu or the bottom right corner menu?

Very useful information Enigma. Thanks. I have given up using U/Shf U but have been using the 'bottom right' icons because they not only allow you to tell a vehicle to load specific squads, but also allow squads to be told to get into a specific vehice. But I am still encountering the behaviour referred to above. Having a vehicle refuse to respond to route commands and demand to be driven manually while stopping every few yards unless you continually enter WASX commands can be a disaster if you are a platoon or company commander in a complex mission.

I will follow your suggestion ands report back. :)

Ok, I've got a very simple scenario, just a CV 90/35-DK with default troops on a 1 km route, that can reliably replicate this.

I start the vehicle on its route, right click on the vehicle ID on the bottom and select "Unload troops/All" while it's moving. The vehicle will then stop, but not dismount the troops. At this point it will just sit there immobile. If you attempt to manually drive it (not shown at this point in the video) it will move a short distance and then stop again. I then use the same "Unload troops/All" operation again, which unloads the troops, and then the vehicle resumes moving normally on the route. After driving a moment I then use the "Load troops/All" command. The vehicle stops, and the troops begin running towards it, but it does not reverse back to pick them up as it would normally do. After the troops are loaded the vehicle is again immobilized.

QKnu1u9FjmY

PC_bug_test_zip.e6c3b0ed21378e12e6276bfd

PC_bug_test.zip

Edited by Rotareneg

• 5 months later...

Hi

Is there any update on this issue? I am playing 3.019 beta and have experienced this often. In fact to the point that i try and stay away from mech inf.

Today i had a platoon of 4 vehicles. I dismounted 1 vehicle and then the problem arose. I could not move the other vehicles without driving them with the WASD keys. I detached the vehicle that dismounted the troops and still no joy.

I ended up handing the 3 vehicles to my CO who dismounted and mounted then gave them back to me. It then worked. However the vehicle i detached never managed to drive again without using the WASD keys.

Regards

Hi

Is there any update on this issue? I am playing 3.019 beta and have experienced this often. In fact to the point that i try and stay away from mech inf.

Today i had a platoon of 4 vehicles. I dismounted 1 vehicle and then the problem arose. I could not move the other vehicles without driving them with the WASD keys. I detached the vehicle that dismounted the troops and still no joy.

I ended up handing the 3 vehicles to my CO who dismounted and mounted then gave them back to me. It then worked. However the vehicle i detached never managed to drive again without using the WASD keys.

Regards

I have came across this issue many times.

In MP, it really needs to be addressed, basically if you can not regain control of your mech Inf, in some missions I have played it pretty much killed the mission.

Asid,

Like Rump above, I've found that using the troops mount command from the map view restore their movement to "normal".

So in your instance of one vehicle with dismounts, if its still part of a Platoon, you dismount them all in the map view, then mount them all and then resume normal movement.

Not ideal, but a workable work around.

Asid,

Like Rump above, I've found that using the troops mount command from the map view restore their movement to "normal".

So in your instance of one vehicle with dismounts, if its still part of a Platoon, you dismount them all in the map view, then mount them all and then resume normal movement.

Not ideal, but a workable work around.

Thank you for the reply but i was looking for a permanent solution.

Regards

I'm relatively confident that this fix will make it into the final 3.0 update with the conclusion of the current 64 bit beta test. That should be definitely before the end of the year, hopefully earlier.

That is very good news. UKA spent a whole evening some time ago trying to get some firm data on when it happens and what you can do to work around it. Unfortunately, we found that the 'bug' is very unpredictable and inconsistent. A work-around that works in one instance may not work the next time you try it. If anyone has a reliable 10/10 work-around that can be counted on to get vehicles moving as normal I would be delighted to hear about it.