• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done! :)

People yet to choose

Germans CT ACHILLES: Induction

US CT ODYSSEUS: dta delta, Connaugh, Rotareneg, enigma6584

UK CT PERSEUS: Tjay, Bogusheadbox

Regret I will now be unable to attend. I am planning to spend most of April in Paris. :)

Right so where are these guys ....

US CT ODYSSEUS: dta delta, Connaugh, Rotareneg, enigma6584

MDF, any ideas?

I'd rather not remove the US CT.

No idea. I'm not in dta_delta's VU, so no insight as to his whereabouts. Rotareneg seems to post frequently in the forum, so I'm a little surprised he hasn't popped in. Connaugh was at the last TGIF, but no ideas as to why he or enigma6584 have yet to respond.

Maybe a PM to each is in order?

I should add that I can CO the entire US CT for you if you wish but, as you can imagine, the unit's efficiency will be diminished. If I can get .sce's in advance, I can put together a "decision-point" type plan that will improve things a bit. Given that CT Odysseus is its own party, that means that the CO would have access to triggers, correct? That would help quite a bit, as I can plot numerous alternate routes, BPs, etc. and execute them with triggers.

Of course, in a LNoTs-type campaign, this may not be feasible for any except the first mission given time constraints between mssions.

Well I have PM'ed Dta Delta a day or so ago.

I also have seen Connaugh visit this thread but he hasn't posted anything.

As outlined in the other thread the intent is to get the orders and draft scenarios to people approx 2 weeks pre H with confirmed scenarios and orders 1 week out.

This week BG ANZAC will trial the "save plan" option to see if functionality has been restored in 3.011.

If it has we can play "pass the file" around the CT commanders before hand and save time loading graphics, etc.

The CT is its own party but it needs to work with the other CTs (so you may, for example, have the Germans on your left and the Canadians on your right). Another reason for you getting it pre H so you can talk to the other CTs and ensure it ties in.

Ideally you will have reinforcements with my preferred COAs being:

CT - adequately manned

CT - solo and scripted

CT - off the ORBAT

If I don't get some sort of response from any of the other US guts by the 18th (hint to Connaugh and others !!!!!!!) I'll have to workout if we can cross level by asking people from other CTs to reinforce you or go to options 2 or 3.

Edited by Gibsonm

Well I have PM'ed Dta Delta a day or so ago.

I also have seen Connaugh visit this thread but he hasn't posted anything.

As outlined in the other thread the intent is to get the orders and draft scenarios to people approx 2 weeks pre H with confirmed scenarios and orders 1 week out.

This week BG ANZAC will trial the "save plan" option to see if functionality has been restored in 3.011.

If it has we can play "pass the file around the CT commanders before hand and save time loading graphics, etc.

The CT is its own party but it needs to work with the other CTs (so you may, for example, have the Germans on your left and the Canadians on your right). Another reason for you getting it pre H so you can talk to the other CTs and ensure it ties in.

Ideally you will have reinforcements with my preferred COAs being:

CT - adequately manned

CT - solo and scripted

CT - off the ORBAT

If I don't get some sort of response from any of the other US guts by the 18th (hint to Connaugh and others !!!!!!!) I'll have to workout if we can cross levle by asking people from other CTs to reinforce you or go to options 2 or 3.

PM was sent

Phew!! Now I can avoid another command debacle a la last TGIF.:bigsmile:

Well I'm sure you would have made a good fist of it.

Now I can't stop worrying about the Yanks and get on with Mission Design.

I've udated the front page posts to reflect confirmed US C2 arrangements.

I've just allocated the other guys within the US CT - in no way binding (just to put people in slots)

Similalrly I've just put "Induction" in the German Leo Kompanie but D u k e can move him as required.

If anybody else remains interested just post here and I'll put you in the CT of your choice (but the CT commander is able to move you around within the CT).

I finally responded in Post #59.

I do want to be a part of the operation but wife has found a festival that she wants to attend that day. Maybe it will rain. Again, put me down as a "maybe".

Connaugh

Oh sorry I missed it in the recent flurry of responses.

Hope you can make it, but if the 3 star at home has other ideas we will adjust accordingly.

Maybe spend some time with her and attend Missions 3 or 4 (or whatever combination suits your time zone)?

Sorry, I figured our CO would assign us positions, I didn't realize we had to pick 'em ourselves.

Well the first step (not necessarily applicable to your CT) was to work out who the CO was going to be.

Then I figured if I have to find that person's name and the XOs it was just as easy to try and match names to slots.

Of course in a given mission the CT commander can move people around (or they may or may not be there for every mission) but at least know they know who is in the group and I know who to send the PMs to about orders, etc. :)

Just found out from the "3 Star" at home that the festival is on two days, Saturday and Sunday, and that she will let me play Saturday and we will go to the festival on Sunday. YAY!!!

So, I will be with CT Odysseus. Preferably in a tank (2C) but wherever needed.

Connaugh

Great news!

But I'll let your CT CO sort out his internal manning.

I wont be updating that list any more unless:

1. One of the CT Commanders or 2IC/XOs changes or

2. Someone new wants to join in, in which case I'll just put them in the CT of their choice and again leave it to the CT commander to sort the fine detail.

If I can get enough experience, I'll take 4th Mech platoon. If someone grabs it before I do, I'll be happy with either a section or the dismounts.

Well I'll put you in the US CT.

From there its up to the CT CO to workout who is where with regard to manning the platoons.

If all else fails, I can help be the OPORD if allowed.

Well the "OPORD" is a Word document or a PDF so I think being that might be a little boring.

If you mean "OPFOR" that's all scripted since:

- Most of the units aren't playable and therefore not necessarily enjoyable to play.

- There is a BDE of them so "a" person might find it challenging, and

- It focuses the players to be on NATO, so we have good manning.