ARMA 3 Tanking

Floydii

Yes its not Steelbeasts, but rolling cross country with your head out of the turret is done best with friends, and by ARMA3 (its all in the physX.. and the suspension..).

Just an AAR of a mission we did on 09MAR14 'ACHTUNG, PANZER!'

http://www.ausbattlegroup.com/forums/index.php?/topic/80-achtung-panzer-aar/

oCHQGh9.jpg

Don't worry, until they get the ACE fire control system back, and a commander's override in, SB will still be THE armour sim.

Read this over at SimHQ. Fun read. You guys got any videos of you in action?

We will, Hangfire just needs to edit all the cursing out of his (they died the most). Keep an eye on the AAR over the next couple of days as I'll populate it further.

Good luck with the ABG.

Maybe opportunities for some joint activities.

We have a few guys with SB Pro. ARMA3 is the focus but there is a strong general Milsim focus. I've just come back from a few months of overseas work, So I'll try to hit up SB when I can.

No worries,

This is currently my "crock closest to the tinnie":

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=20291

After that is put to bed we have another project to establish a more conventional web presence (have secured the domain www.bganzac.org) and are devoting limited resources to developing the site.

Once Rolling Thunder is out the door the web site becomes main effort.

Happy to run some sort of mutual link setup so people coming to BG ANZAC looking for ARMA3 action get a link to you and ideally its reciprocated from your end. :)

Seen.

ABG is more of an umbrella organisation that covers ARMA-centric clans in Australia/NZ if guys want to play ARMA with us, they are more than welcome to but www.combatteambravo.com (ts.combatteambravo.com for Teamspeak) is more likey to get them some action as ABG really only fires up for bigger community missions.

I'm pushing the guys I know to BG ANZAC if they want structured SB games. Progress is slow though (buy-in is a bit of a turnoff).

• 6 months later...
Still frustrates me how Bohemia didn't bother to make interiors for their AFVs after Flashpoint...

I'm in the process of making all the major 3rd gen MBT's for ARMA 3 with interiors to boot. I already have some Abrams tanks available (though still need a little polishing and balancing) along with LCAC's for deployment.

Its nowhere near the level of immersion gained from steel beasts (and never could be really in the arma engine) but its better than the default bohemia tanks. As a tank crewman in the 15th MEU realism unit it's really added a lot to the immersive experience, taking into considerations the limitations of the arma engine haha.

Abrams

WIP Challenger 2

LCAC

Video of everything in use: