Sound Mod: Request

Whisky-Delta

Evening

It only occurred to me today that if I set the language in SB to UK I get British voices and order commands. The same if I set it to US English but also if I change languages to German or Russian you get the correct lingual for a given vehicles usage and country of operation which is great.

The downside is the fact the language in the sum changes which means I can't understand briefings and I have not navigate through memory.

As the sound files already exist what would the possibility be of extracting the sound files of the commands and associating them with specific vehicles and put them in the mod/fx folder for example. That way I can keep the English language in the guy but have appropriate lingual for a given vehicle?

Whisky

Cheers for the response

Trying to guess what this will do...I assume I would change the language in the options but through copying everything except the voices folder all the guy and briefings remain in English but just the voices change to what language I set?

Whisky

Easier way to accomplish the same result is to copy just the pstrings test file from the U.S. folder into the other language folders, or am I missing something?

"back up the originals" advice still applies, of course.

'edit' Never mind. I guess that would miss the mission briefings. Think before you post, Splash.

Edited by Splash
I was missing something.