3.011 Map Editor: Ground textures shift

Superbus

Hi! I didn't see this one mentioned:

All ground textures have started shifting when I move or delete objects. This started about a week after I started creating the map. Sometimes they move a lot sometimes just 20 meters. Editing textures does not produce this phenomenon.

Steps to repeat textures shifting to the right:

1. Open attached map in the Map Editor.
  2. Move brick wall to fix a gap in its corner. The gap is next to the viewpoint indicator in the middle of the first screenshot. Fix it as in picture #2.
  3. Go to 3D view
  4. All textures on the map have moved about 20 m or so to the east as seen in pictures #3 and #4.

Theme is Pahka summer.thm, comes with 3.011 and I haven't edited it. The shifting occurs with Kouvostoliitto Summer.thm too. Height map is KurskRussia 80 km 1A.hgt.

I hope this was at least somewhat helpful. I'm stuck with my scenario until this is fixed.

56e83cffc17da_SuperbusTanks!ProPE_zip.26

texture_bug_1.jpg.94caa21e40bac6ca8957fc

texture_bug_2.jpg.9c5dd90203922e9f0498c0

texture_bug_3.jpg.a7ba302b83b2b60578f009

texture_bug_4.jpg.9677091d7ffc7ce1a4b6d0

Superbus Tanks! ProPE.zip

texture_bug_1.jpg.94caa21e40bac6ca8957fc

texture_bug_2.jpg.9c5dd90203922e9f0498c0

texture_bug_3.jpg.a7ba302b83b2b60578f009

texture_bug_4.jpg.9677091d7ffc7ce1a4b6d0

• Members

We think it's a symptom of SB running out of memory. It seems to happen mostly with large & complex maps. Sometimes restarting SB Pro may help, but what we really need to do is to bring forward the 64 bit version (an open beta version around June, probably).

I'm stuck with my scenario until this is fixed.

I see this a lot in the editor, and only there (in the 3D world). The shifted terrain does not affect saved files. You will notice that your saved maps will always start with terrain exactly where they're supposed to be.

Try it. Save your .ter file right after you observe the symptom. Without editing anything just yet, open it back up. You will see that everything is where you have edited them to be. You can also pull the same map from the mission editor and the terrain is unaffected.

So don't let this hiccup prevent you from editing. Like you, the shifting occurs in the 3D view right after I've manipulated an object in the editor. A simple trick I use just before I view the 3D world is to paint over a terrain patch with the same terrain type. For example, if you have a patch of gravel somewhere, paint it again with gravel and then jump into 3D view. Voila, no shifting. You will have to do this everytime you're going into 3D view (if you've moved objects around in the editor), but at least you get to observe what your work is supposed to look like. I hope this helps!

The shifted terrain does not affect saved files.

... if you have a patch of gravel somewhere, paint it again with gravel and then jump into 3D view. Voila, no shifting.

Tanks a lot! :@!2: I think I witnessed this myself, but I thought I had just mixed up the files. :clin: