copy protection rage

dejawolf

Alright, Chu-n00b's opinion: That gamer should get off his Bawls drinks, get out of his mom's basement (or maybe stay there in quarantine), realize what copyrights are for, and get a life outside the realm of gaming. After all, without a real life, a person can't have a real gaming life, no?

Btw where is that dude? (Rougesnake)

Usually on TS fridays and saturdays :debile2:

Oh and all though the guy in the video seriously needs some poon-tang i agree with him 100% the only thing advanced multi layer copyprotection ever does is stop paying customers from playing the game, completely retarded, and the game industry keeps paying for thesee useless copy protection softwares that get cracked the second the game hits the market (sometimes even before that)

The only sucessfull way so far has been CD-keys to prevent pirates from playing online.

I admit SB PRO PE has a very good copy protection but i doubt we will ever see that for commercial games, to much of a hassle for 14 yo wanting to play the latest CoD game

Usually on TS fridays and saturdays :debile2:

Oh and all though the guy in the video seriously needs some poon-tang i agree with him 100% the only thing advanced multi layer copyprotection ever does is stop paying customers from playing the game, completely retarded, and the game industry keeps paying for thesee useless copy protection softwares that get cracked the second the game hits the market (sometimes even before that)

The only sucessfull way so far has been CD-keys to prevent pirates from playing online.

I admit SB PRO PE has a very good copy protection but i doubt we will ever see that for commercial games, to much of a hassle for 14 yo wanting to play the latest CoD game

Well doesn't VBS1 use a dongle for copy protection? I know for sure that was cracked.

• Members

The prime purpose of disc based copy protection schemes is to buy the publisher three months to sell of the majority of copies of a game at full price. Afterwards a game would almost always be reduced in price to sell off the remaining stock.

Of course, the ones who are hurt most are legitimate customers, which is why it is a stupid move. The alternative is a web based authentification service (but you're screwed if you don't have internet connection when you want to play), and you're totally at the mercy of the publisher to pull the plug from your account anytime (and there's no court of appeals). Not really what I'd call a fair balance between consumer and vendor power.