A question about playing as TC

Rangoon

Lately I've been trying to play as TC of a platoon of four tanks without ever leaving the TC station of the lead tank. One question that has come up is: When I'm in the TC role, then go to the map screen, does AI take over TC? Or do I still have it?

Lately I've been trying to play as TC of a platoon of four tanks without ever leaving the TC station of the lead tank. One question that has come up is: When I'm in the TC role, then go to the map screen, does AI take over TC? Or do I still have it?

You still have it.

When I'm playing as TC, the AI gunner will call out "Tanks! Front!" or whatever and slew to put the sight on the target, and I have to hit spacebar to get the gunner to fire.

Any way to do that while in the map screen? Last I checked the spacebar didn't work while in the map...? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly?

When I'm playing as TC, the AI gunner will call out "Tanks! Front!" or whatever and slew to put the sight on the target, and I have to hit spacebar to get the gunner to fire.

Any way to do that while in the map screen? Last I checked the spacebar didn't work while in the map...? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly?

No, keyboard commands do not work while in map. You must jump out of map in order to again act as TC. Of course while in map you can right click on the icon and try those menu commands and see if they work.

Nope.

Just like RL take your head out of the map and look in the sight. :)

That's all part of the balancing act of being a crew commander and in part why you are paid the "big bucks" compared to the other members of your crew. ;)

If you want an automatic response then go to F8 and look at the map while the AI steps in and fights your tank for you.

Edited by Gibsonm

• 5 weeks later...

You need to take your face off the map and get in the GPS. Your primary role is C2 of the track and secondary to kill. If you control 4 tanks then youre the PSG. Maneuver the tracks like never before. Speed, Audacity and firepower is your best friend