Vehicle Manuals

j235667

I'm new to the game and have not yet received my dongle. I'm also a heathen Mac guy and am waiting for a new Windows7 laptop to arrive. I'm reading as much as I can in order to try to grasp the basics so, hopefully, I can get started pretty quickly once everything arrives. As such, I can't access any of the vehicle manuals and other information in the game and have to rely upon YouTube videos and this forum.

I found a couple of manuals (mostly in French) for various Leos, for the T series (in Russian) and the CV series. I couldn't find any others. I'm specifically looking for a Bradley vehicle manual, or any of the T-55/62/72 series in English, (even though I know they're difficult tanks for a beginner.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Hi John.

Check out the downloads section here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/19

might find what you are looking for or check out the wiki here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/Main_Page

that should have some of what you are looking for

and welcome to the world of Steel Beasts :D

Edited by hoggydog
bad link

I'm new to the game and have not yet received my dongle. I'm also a heathen Mac guy and am waiting for a new Windows7 laptop to arrive.

John

Hi and welcome!

Um maybe too late since you have already bought one, but it runs just fine on my MacBook Pro via BootCamp. :)

Also depending on "which" vehicles, these may help:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=16426

Ouch! I wish I knew about the BootCamp option... I would've still needed to buy a version of Windows, but it would've been considerably cheaper! On the up side, it allows me to take SB with me whenever I travel. ;)

I could have sworn I saw somewhere, whether the eSim site or this one, in the listed system requirements, it said it didn't support a Mac environment (which I took to be BootCamp), but I can no longer find it.

Thanks for all the information though, I really appreciate it.

• Members
I could have sworn I saw somewhere, whether the eSim site or this one, in the listed system requirements, it said it didn't support a Mac environment (which I took to be BootCamp), but I can no longer find it.

BootCamp is Windows. If multiple operating systems on the same computer via bootloaders qualify one could claim that Steel Beasts runs under Linux or BSD as well. It would be misleading to say "Mac is supported" and then smugly add a line "if BootCamp is used".