Operation Fury

MDF

Ah, I just remembered, then there is the other issue that Red Tide turned out perfectly, it was the closest campaign in history -- it came down to the final 5 minutes of the very last scenario. In my mind it goes down as a classic, and any additional play of it would likely be down hill from that experience. If we are all willing to accept that future versions of it will likely not be so closely played, then OK, great I will probably run it again. Right now though it holds a special place in my memory though. ;)

Well, just slap a different name on it and fire it up. That should create enough emotional distance if it crashes and burns. How about "Blue Breakwater 1985"?

Ah, I just remembered, then there is the other issue that Red Tide turned out perfectly, it was the closest campaign in history -- it came down to the final 5 minutes of the very last scenario. In my mind it goes down as a classic, and any additional play of it would likely be down hill from that experience. If we are all willing to accept that future versions of it will likely not be so closely played, then OK, great I will probably run it again. Right now though it holds a special place in my memory though. ;)

It was my first big, multi-session event. I thought they would all be like that. Alas....

Unfortunately, Rising Bear took things a steppe too far.

Groan.

Well there is an easy way to fix that, which saves me a shed load of work and gives me back a heap of free time.

But I was under the misconception that people might want to participate in it.

Edited by Gibsonm

Groan.

Well there is an easy way to fix that, which saves me a shed load of work and gives me back a heap of free time.

Please be assured that I was NOT referring to RT/RB in my post. There have been a number of campaigns since Red Tide, and most of them have worked out well and been most enjoyable. But none so nail bitingly intense as Red Tide.

I look forward to participating in RT/RB v2.0 when you and Volcano have the issues sorted. To paraphrase what V said, 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained'.

Please be assured that I was NOT referring to RT/RB in my post. There have been a number of campaigns since Red Tide, and most of them have worked out well and been most enjoyable. But none so nail bitingly intense as Red Tide.

I look forward to participating in RT/RB v2.0 when you and Volcano have the issues sorted. To paraphrase what V said, 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained'.

No didn't take it that way.

Was referring to MDF's.

Have now clarified matters by quoting it.

Was referring to MDF's.

Hopefully my prior post was taken purely as jest (if a bad one -- just can't resist a pun). I surely appreciate all the hard work you put into the campaign, and am confident a workable solution will be found. I'm very much looking forward to the revamped version.

Groan.

Mark, People wants to participate in it. And will keep doing it until we get the mother of all simulated battles working as intended :luxhello:

No its OK, we are still working on it.

Besides if I shelved it what else would I do - watch TV, talk to my wife, relax, …

Much better to try to squeeze one last ATGM team in before the house of cards collapses. :)

Maybe we should start specifing "user requirements" to participate?

Must have fast cable / optic fibre Internet connection (100 up / 100 down)

Must have 16GB of RAM on machine

Must have 2TB Video card

Must have water cooled iX processor

:)

No its OK, we are still working on it.

Besides if I shelved it what else would I do - watch TV, talk to my wife, relax, …

Much better to try to squeeze one last ATGM team in before the house of cards collapses. :)

Maybe we should start specifing "user requirements" to participate?

Must have fast cable / optic fibre Internet connection (100 up / 100 down)

Must have 16GB of RAM on machine

Must have 2TB Video card

Must have water cooled iX processor

:)

Well, that's certainly a good way of reducing the number of players. :)