Router recommendations

daskal

I have been away from MP games since about a year due to my inability to configure my TP-Link router to accommodate Steel Beasts. It used to work fine, but I changed my computer, and unfortunately tampered with the router settings... and I cant get it to work anymore. I have tried several online tutorials, but couldn't figure it out and got tired of it & very frustrated.

I would like to get back into the saddle at least once per week to do MP games again - can anyone recommend any decent affordable router that's supposed to work with SB?

Apart from the Computer I have an Xbox 360 and PS3 connected to it (XBOX one will follow) - so I would at least need a router with 4 "slots".

Suggestions much appreciated.

• Members
No I havent. has there been any change interms of the network setup?

The entire network stack has been replaced. That's the whole point of the beta - to test if the new network stack implementation works as good (in some cases better) than the old one.

Seems like when I try MP with the Beta, I lose my connection in-game and can't join back in until the admin pauses to let me back in. Happened the past two weeks. I've adjusted my firewall this morning but unsure if that will do it.

EXAMPLE: admin, starts the game. Not two minutes in, I get the dreaded message window: "There was a problem with the program and Windows has shut down the file. Sending a message online to attempt to identify the problem."

:mad3::gun:

Didn't have this with 3.011

• Members
Seems like when I try MP with the Beta, I lose my connection in-game and can't join back in until the admin pauses to let me back in.

Well, that you have to wait until the session host pauses the exercise is "a feature", not inherently a bug. If you could create and send us the corresponding debuglog files of these sessions (yours and the host's), ideally with an elevated log level, that could help. But please wait for a few more days. We'll have a new beta ready then.

• Administrators

You've got some connection problems. There is a reason you were dropping from teamspeak as well as the game session. I saw you had some packet loss going on, that is something you need to work with your isp on. If you are running on a wireless connection at home, the first thing to do would be to plug in to a hard wired network cable instead. Maybe that will help.

Seems like when I try MP with the Beta, I lose my connection in-game and can't join back in until the admin pauses to let me back in. Happened the past two weeks. I've adjusted my firewall this morning but unsure if that will do it.

EXAMPLE: admin, starts the game. Not two minutes in, I get the dreaded message window: "There was a problem with the program and Windows has shut down the file. Sending a message online to attempt to identify the problem."

:mad3::gun:

Didn't have this with 3.011