Need beta testers!

Kingtiger

hi guys!

I have been working on a scenario that I need to have tested. I have run it through and I havent found any errors (yet...) but I would appreciate some feedback from other folks.

Its basicly a Company sized unit of Leo2Aa5 and Ulans that are tasked with advancing north, capture atleast one bridge to be able to take a small village further north.

The enemy frontline has been broken so there are only remnants and delaying forces, but a big risk is that the enemy blows the existing bridges to help create a new defence line, so tempo is important.

Works good both as single player (medium/hard level) and COOP so please give it a go and let me know what you think about it.

I haven't created an ending or scoring yet, but the scenario is finished when you have cleared the village and no more enemy are in the area (then add 10min or so before quiting).

MISSION OVERALL: was it enjoyable scenario? Would you like to play it again?

ORDERS: Confusing,missleading? Clear? Add or remove something?

TO&E: the TF, anything needs changing, add/remove?

ARTY: Opinion about having only 1 bty with limited ammo as support?

ENEMY: Good size on the force, behavior etc?

OTHER: anything else to add?

/KT

Edit: Newest version found here:

56e83d020e738_Burningbridges0.83_rar.d1b

Burning bridges 0.83.rar

Edited by Kingtiger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ofcourse I found two errors directly afterwards..

So here is version 0.81.

Changelog:

Added ingame russian artillery (so you get those nasty sounds!)

Fixed a bit in the terrain that caused AI problem

Added Scoring

Added automatic ending.

So I would like some feedback regarding those as well :)

Almost every enemy have 2-4 different spawn points so there is allot of replayability in this one so don't be afraid to re-run it if it doesn't go your way.

/KT

Edited by Kingtiger

Tested the first then the 0.81, it looks promising.

Still have to retry the different possibilities...

One thing that occured during the try on 0.81:

The coy went through Road Bridge meanwhile a platoon of BMPs got stuck on Railway Bridge. Later, the Railway Bridge was destroyed by IED detonated by a red element, leading the poor platoon to it's destruction without fighting.

ss_01_44_31-451892a.png

Other than that, it's quite stimulating to be surprised by the AI.

ss_01_46_10-4518944.jpg

:)

Darklabour, thanks for testing. Did you save the AAR file? I would like to take a look at the bridge, I changed the terrain around the bridge because the T-80s got stuck while the BMP passed so none of them should get stuck on the wrong side anymore.

Cheers /KT

Darklabour, thanks for testing. Did you save the AAR file? I would like to take a look at the bridge, I changed the terrain around the bridge because the T-80s got stuck while the BMP passed so none of them should get stuck on the wrong side anymore.

Cheers /KT

Yes sir! :@!2:

Link

Honnestly you corrected properly the area around the Railway Bridge.

First time I crossed that section, I had some difficulties to get the AI to cross it immediately.

Second time, I didn't had the opportunity to cross it.

But the BMPs were quite pined down by their own infantery (running around them).

Nah, no paint rounds and no tigers, just swamps, ATGMs and T-XX :luxhello:

When is todays ANZAC (GMT time?). I am updating 0.81 with some stuff that Alphasierra and Duke found so depending on when you play you might get 0.82 instead to play with?

Well I didn't bother to ask about swamps - I just assumed that was a "given".

0900 GMT

MISSION OVERALL: perfect for multy users, may be hard for single user

ORDERS: Clear, but a bit difficult to determine the objective area (where to chase the last inf man in those houses (we had to check every house)

TO&E: nothing to add

ARTY: force the CO to choose carrefully his targets before calling arty (no arty them all!)

ENEMY: nothing to add or remove

OTHER: leo2A5DK1 instead of Leo2A5DK2? (latter is designed for urban and hot climat warfare, no?)

Thanks for trying it Froggy!

I have now added a small zone that shows what area are defined as Lumber Creek, you are quite right, its a big area that can be "Lumber Creek"...

Regarding the Leo2A5DK-2 its just because it looks awesome :) Baracudda netting and the cage really make it look like a brutal beast compared to normal Leo2A5, so I will stick with it. :)

/KT

Kingtiger:

Played the 8.5 version and enjoyed it.

All of my units crossed the Road bridge on their own without any trouble. One Ulan was hit by enemy infantry on the bridge and following units got confused and stopped on the bridge and I had to personally drive them by the destroyed vehicle.

There was a Red BMP inside a building in the Lumber Camp that did not fire on my units. I was able to kill it with fire from a Ulan. ( I could see the tracks of the BMP peeping out at the bottom of the building's wall.)

The Leo's ammunition seems to be low. My Co A tank died at the end as I was advancing to Ashville and several enemy tanks and PC's came south and ran into my units and my Co tank had run out of ammunition and could not fire. I looked at the mission editor and I see that the load out can be increased. Is the load out correct for the Leo's? I do not know if this is standard or just a mission design.

Connaugh

Hey Connaugh, thanks for playing :)

BMP-2 thing is weird, had that bug earlier versions but should be fixed. however the AI loves to get stuck in the village by some reason, I manage to get a Leo stuck there while playtesting, so not sure its something I can do without switching out the buildings or something.

Regarding the ammo it is supposed to be that way, you have about 30-50% of normal loadout and 40% of fuel with just the CoA having the less ammo (not supposed to be in the thick of to much fighting anyway ;) )

Guess I should write it into the orders so people notice it better.

/KT