Failure to Launch

Vacquero

For some reason I'm having problems with scenarios not loading up. I try to open one up, it goes through all the loading screens, then an error message pops up for about 1/16th of a second, and it's back to the main menu. It doesn't seem to be prejudiced as to which scenarios it will and won't open. One day it won't open one, the next it will. This is happening with the Beta and 3.265 or whatever it is. What gives?

Yeah it's all been through the Beta install. For some reason I haven't even touched the 2.328 version for a long time. I was able to open it in the editor, but if I tried to test it crashed. Same goes for several other scenarios, including stock scenarios that came with SB. I dunno, me stumped!

• Administrators

Messages like that usually mean that you dont have a texture you need installed. Did you install the stock version in the order mentioned in the faq, and then install the beta to the default spot?

This is really a recent development, right after the Beta was released I made the rounds pretty heavy duty and all was well. What get's me is the fact that it will crash on one scenario one day, and won't the next. Sometimes it's even a matter of 20 or 30 minutes, between when it won't and when it will, and then there are some that never work.

Got Fraps on the problem. Well with my scenario (the new one) I get no error message in the editor, it just crashes back to either the menu or desktop. I tried A Patrol on the Plains (Scenario by Werewolf) got a screenie. Error starting new game..... That's the error message.

edit; I ended up getting the same error message for my scenario.

Edited by Vacquero
new info