Organizing weekly "hardcore" SB mission

MDF

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need to declare up front that I provided some input to KTs mission so unsure if that excludes me or not this week.

If I can participate then happy to go where needed (with maybe the proviso of not reporting to a "Brave Sir Robin" Troop Leader who gives me a hospital pass as the mission is loading ;)).

BZwuTo7zKM8

Need to declare up front that I provided some input to KTs mission so unsure if that excludes me or not this week.

If I can participate then happy to go where needed (with maybe the proviso of not reporting to a "Brave Sir Robin" Troop Leader who gives me a hospital pass as the mission is loading ;)).

BZwuTo7zKM8

It's fine for you to participate; just use your judgment in what you report you are seeing.

This week's mission is "Operation COYOTE," by Kingtiger. A LAV (NZLAV-IMVs) platoon, reinforced by a section of Leopard 2A6s (Leo2Es) conducts a route recce.

Mission file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gj2mqnitgzwarv/UO_OP%20COYOTE.sce?dl=0 Note that this is the planning version of the file, and is lacking enemy forces or obstacles. The final file will be provided before mission launch.

Day: Saturday, 6 Dec. 2014, 2100 GMT

Signup roster here

United Operations TS Server info here.

This week's mission is "Operation COYOTE," by Kingtiger. A LAV (NZLAV-IMVs) platoon, reinforced by a section of Leopard 2A6s (Leo2Es) conducts a route recce.

Mission file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gj2mqnitgzwarv/UO_OP%20COYOTE.sce?dl=0 Note that this is the planning version of the file, and is lacking enemy forces or obstacles. The final file will be provided before mission launch.

Day: Saturday, 6 Dec. 2014, 2100 GMT

Signup roster here

I call dibs on a Leopard!

MDF,

Understand you wont be able to be there at the start.

Do you need someone else to host?

Can support both 3.011 and 3.019

Also do we have the full scenario file (less the plan) yet, or will we be downloading it at mission start?

Edited by Gibsonm
Added sentence re scenario file

MDF,

Understand you wont be able to be there at the start.

Do you need someone else to host?

Can support both 3.011 and 3.019

Also do we have the full scenario file (less the plan) yet, or will we be downloading it at mission start?

I'm not sure if our usual hosters, Falcon and Mark Interiis, are attending tomorrow, so it's quite possible that they might need you to host.

Kingtiger hasn't sent me an updated .sce, so I imagine he'll be sending it around sometime between now and 2100z.

I am still working on the OPFOR (don't worry, it will be finished) due to sleep disruption, so I will upload it to dropbox and share the link before mission start.

I will take the safe bet and open and save it in 3.011 so we have a 3.011 compatible version if a 3.011 member shows up.

However we wont play the sequel of my mission on saturday, wont have time to finish it in time. So we have to dig up something for saturday (MDF?).

/KT

Yes I understand it takes a while to build the sequel you were referring to.

I thought MDF had mentioned something Grenny had been working on but will see what turns up in due course.

Yes I understand it takes a while to build the sequel you were referring to.

I thought MDF had mentioned something Grenny had been working on but will see what turns up in due course.

Allready posted that one, its a training mission with a company(-) strength DLIC

This week's mission features a detachment left in contact ("DLIC") conducting a delaying action or time-limited defense in order to protect the withdrawal of friendly elements. M1A1 (HA)'s and HMMWV's. Get 'em while they're hot!

All are welcome, but please make sure you have completed a full set of tutorials for at least one vehicle.

Also, if you plan to attend, PLEASE indicate your interest either here or over at United Ops.

Day: Saturday, 13 Dec. 2014, 2100 GMT (http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20141213T16&p0=897&msg=UP+TacSat+13+Dec+2014+Mission)

Signup roster here

Regarding your summary Paladin:

Yes I left the enemy at COY(+) strenght on purpose.(see what I sent you and at UO about the missions purpose)

And yes:If you want, I put in follow on forces and we try that one again.

I'll need to use the AAR of the first mission how long you needed to take out the vanguard/probing attack...and then time the spawning according to that.

I don't want them to spawn to soon (we can shorten the time when we get better ;) )

It is hard to fall back to another phase-line if you are unable to break contact/are still engaged.

This week, we'll try the old ARRC mission, "Clearing Fjarrby," by Kingtiger. An understrength Swedish tank/IFV company attacks to recapture a town from the perfidious Danes.

Mission file here.

All are welcome, but please make sure you have completed a full set of tutorials for at least one vehicle.

Also, if you plan to attend, PLEASE indicate your interest either here or over at United Ops.

Day: Saturday, 20 Dec. 2014, 2100 GMT (http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20141220T16&p0=897&msg=United+Ops+--+Clearing+Fjarrby)

Signup roster here