New Beta Available - 3.017

Sean

• Administrators

We have a new beta version available for testing. This version will be required for TGIF tomorrow.

This version fixes a bug that could cause a crash on the host if a client disconnects at a unlucky time.

If you suddenly drop from a session or experience a crash, you might want to make sure you save a copy of the log file, which can be found in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\logs. The last 12 log files are saved in that folder. Then open up a thread in the support forum or send a email via the bug reporting form at the link below. You may be asked to provide that log file.

Links to the file can be found here:

http://www.esimgames.com/?p=1654

Thanks. :)

Can't find any 3.017 Release Notes yet but I gather from Ssnake's post that at least the AI's accuracy has been adjusted?

...which is easier said than done (not saying that we shouldn't even attempt it, don't get me wrong). The coming beta version will increase the OpFor gunnery proficiency spread (in single player mode), ranging from 35% (easy), 65% (medium), to 95% (hard).

Thanks all for your hard work on this new version.

Played a 3 person co-op mission tonight. I was not the host.

I received several "Ping Time Too Large" messages with pings in the 3000-5000ms range at the time of the error. I do not remember receiving those in the official released versions, but I think it happened with the earlier beta versions. Definitely saw instances of way-too-speedy crawling infantry.

Also, but perhaps existed in the release version already, the AAR does not appear to correctly track "Kills by units under your command" if the units were given to you by someone else. I started as mission CO and gave out all the units to the other two players, but I received credit for all the kills.

Definitely saw instances of way-too-speedy crawling infantry.

I was the other client in this game. I did not get network connection messages.

I did see infantry speeding around; it seemed to happen, in my case, when the infantry tried to enter one of the big blue-and-white buildings. It *seemed* that they would try to enter, fail to enter, and then would go speeding around for a bit.

I wonder if having the CO and Host be different has an impact on collecting scores? However, in a number of other scenarios we have seen the same thing, where the original owner of a unit gets credit for its kills throughout the mission.

Overall, though, the new network code appears to be better - a very subjective measurement - and at any rate certainly is not worse than the previous code.

The host just emailed and noted that he saw none of the odd unit behaviors we saw as clients. Then again, he had the tank platoon (hosting and hogging all the tanks! :clin: ) and wasn't in a position to see them often!

I believe he saw the same scores results.

Great.

Any chance he might actually answer the question asked and tell us his network connection specs, particularly his upload speed?

• Members
I received several "Ping Time Too Large" messages with pings in the 3000-5000ms range at the time of the error. I do not remember receiving those in the official released versions, but I think it happened with the earlier beta versions. Definitely saw instances of way-too-speedy crawling infantry.

It's going to be hard to replicate this, but please keep on the lookout. Please check both your and the host's BIOS settings with respect to energy saving. There are some that can mess up the the CPU clock signal as the CPU constantly changes its internal speed and might even go dormant for a millisecond or so. This could potentially drive server and clients out of sync and create other nasty side effects.

Unfortunately this isn't something that is easy to fix as only a few computers seem to be affected by this. Apparently it depends on the exact type of processor and some specific BIOS versions, so there's a chance that this might send you on a wild goose chase. But it's worth checking out if the problem persists.

Hmm, I just remembered seeing the "Ping Time Too Large" error the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q11vlNvtgzQ#t=3055

I destroyed a PC without issues while the message was up and the scenario ended as scripted without problems. I didn't think anything about it at the time so I didn't keep the log.

Hmm, I just remembered seeing the "Ping Time Too Large" error the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q11vlNvtgzQ#t=3055

I destroyed a PC without issues while the message was up and the scenario ended as scripted without problems. I didn't think anything about it at the time so I didn't keep the log.

You destroyed your computer just because you got a single ping warning?

Hi guys. Some players of our community has installed beta version of the game today, but connection to network session fails because port 2300 is closed at all, despite the fact that the port is opened in the net routers. In release notes I can not find a recipe, why closed port. An unexpected problem. We wanted to check out the more serious bugs. New file I ran how Administrator too.