Stupid Question (I did look for the info...really)

j235667

Where is the list of country abbreviations for the mod texture folders?

Some seem somewhat obvious, like us, ru, de, dk and fi...but I'm left guessing about others like e.g., sy and kr2000 (surely this isn't the Kryptons, but I have no idea who they are).

Thanks for the help and let me apologize proactively if it is posted somewhere I failed to find.

Try something like this for starters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NATO_country_codes

I really wanted this to be the answer. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to be matching up. There are several discrepancies between the NATO list and Steel Beasts that makes me think that theirs is from a different source or is proprietary. For instance, there is no CZ for Czechoslovakia or current Czech Rep., or HU for Hungary or LO for Slovakia.

Granted, the last three are far newer than the core timeframe of the late 1980s. But there are others for which there are digraphs that just don't seem to match either, like KR for Kiribati, and SE for Seychelles. Both are digraphs in Steel Beasts, but I'm fairly certain that neither country probably owns any tanks now, let alone in the late 1980s.

Maybe someone involved in the creation, care and feeding of Steel Beasts can shed some light. Please?