Low community activaty.

oscar19681

Well, I for one will be checking out teamspeak soon, I just need to fix up my rig (adn buy some wires) so I can use my headphones. :)

For now, I play single player and am having a blast.

I wish someone, however, would make something of a "storyline" chain of SP missions. Are there any out there (like the Byto 1-2-3 chain of scenarios)?

Itkovian

• Moderators
I think the term dead is quite an accurate descriptor.

Maybe it has to do with the people that do hang out in TS which choose never to play SB -- instead suggest only to play other games, thereby fracturing the community? I don't know, that might be a start. Honestly, I don't know what all the naysayers and trolls are still hanging around for other than to disrupt the community. Am I wrong? Then prove it by playing SB once on occasion (like TGIF) instead of just becoming the resident TS hermit.

In reply to the original question posted by Oscar, there isn't going to be much activity during the day on weekdays because people do work. If you show up during the appointed time of TGIF then how can you miss the activity?

• Moderators

Is Oscar in Europe? I was not aware of that. Someone in Europe should consider taking the helm at organizing their own TGIF event, seven to either hours earlier. But you make a good point, there is indeed activity but it may not be compatible to everyone's time table. It is just a matter of coordinating with others, or staying up late to play with other time zones.

Maybe it has to do with the people that do hang out in TS which choose never to play SB -- instead suggest only to play other games, thereby fracturing the community? I don't know, that might be a start. Honestly, I don't know what all the naysayers and trolls are still hanging around for other than to disrupt the community. Am I wrong? Then prove it by playing SB once on occasion (like TGIF) instead of just becoming the resident TS hermit.

V, the community was fractured long before people started playing other games on TS to the degree that it has been happening. Also I would say that things have been pretty dead for quite some time before this post was made.

At least there are people floating around for when (or if) the program is fixed.

As regards my own use of the sim, I did play SB once on occasion (two weeks ago) and the AI's proclivity to do idiotic things was continued. However I would get back to the sim if it is fixed, for what is the use of playing a game or sim that only tends to get on your nerves? What my playing (or rather not playing) of the sim has to do with the comment that the community is pretty much dead, I haven't a clue.

One last thing, if saying that the community is dead is in fact "trolling" then tell me what is an example of stating a fact? If you even look at the "whats going on" box that will give you a bit of a clue as to what is going on, no?

• Moderators
However I would get back to the sim if it is fixed, for what is the use of playing a game or sim that only tends to get on your nerves? What my playing (or rather not playing) of the sim has to do with the comment that the community is pretty much dead, I haven't a clue.

Look, if people want to hang out on TS and chit chat, and/or play other games with SB buddies and occasionally play SB then, by all means, that is perfectly fine. However, what I am telling you is that people that hang out on TS and chit chat and/or play other games but NEVER play SB, and never miss an opportunity to make negative remarks about the status of the SB community, is not OK. People in the latter category should move on then and quit bringing down the morale of the community and return if and when they want to play again.

If you cannot see the difference between the two, or if you still don't have a clue as to what I am saying then we can discuss it privately in TS. I am not interested in making a spectacle.

V, the community was fractured long before people started playing other games on TS to the degree that it has been happening. Also I would say that things have been pretty dead for quite some time before this post was made.

One last thing, if saying that the community is dead is in fact "trolling" then tell me what is an example of stating a fact? If you even look at the "whats going on" box that will give you a bit of a clue as to what is going on, no?

I have also noticed the low activity of late. I log in most day's

And there's hardly a post.I think its true to say most off the subjects related to SB last patch have been covered this may account for the drop off in posts. But Personally i think we need a injection of new blood (Newbies)

Im no PR person. but there's a lot more that could be done to promote the game.Magazine Adverts more youtube videos more events. one idea i had that will probably provoke An Immediate Not possible from Esim. Is a playable demo released to the Sim community.

I discovered the original Steel beasts via a demo from a Gaming magazine.

I would never have considered paying over a hundred euro for a Sim with out trying it first

Had i not played the original.

Or maybe release the original as a free download to give potential customers a taste of armoured warfare.

It would be a shame if this community were to trickle out like so Many others.

There's a great bunch of Guys in the community its one off the friendliest communities

Around

Edited by Marko

• Members

What creates noticeable spikes in sales (= new players for the community) are after action reports in the SimHQ.com forums, or YouTube videos that are then linked to the Screenshots/video board of SimHQ's forum. So, if you want more players in the community this will cost relatively low effort with a noticeable effect. Of course, in an ideal case it'd be the developer to actually do this, but the reality is that we're tied up in actual development work. We have a pretty ambitious plan for the next six months, and we will also try and create more awareness in the Spanish market since we will release several playable Spanish vehicles before Christmas (that's the plan, at least). So, count that as eSim's attempt to wage a bit of PR war.

Likewise I have pointed out many times that the wargaming community (e.g. Wargamer.com) could be an interesting target for eventual activities to post AARs, battle analyses, and similar planning related activities of the SB Pro gameplay in their discussion boards. These should be aspects that are naturally attractive to wargamers (and in return the virtual units might profit from the one or other new player who specializes in the CO role).

When crewable opfor vehicles make their way into the fray, I believe you'll see quite an influx of interest.

Some people can get so close to the game that the blemishes and pimples, that even the hottest of babes gets, have is a turn off. I am okay with SB, but it is easy to see how intractable anything can get with over-exposure... what is the saying? "familiarity breeds contempt?"

As for the Europeans... the Germans are active and the Generals is ostensibly an Euro-centric bunch. Wahrborg used to run an ATP (Across The Pond) game late-afternoon Eurotimes / mid-morning to early-afternoon North America times that sought to be an outlet for cross-atlantic tank battles. That might be interesting again. Or, as V suggests, perhaps just a Euro-version of TGIF.

In the end, this'll always be a niche title and people have SOOOO many options by which they can consume their free time.