We need this in SB ASAP

Retro

My brother was showing me some games he downloaded for free the other day, and one of them was Battlezone. He asked me if I had ever played this tank game before. And you guessed it, I immediately punched him in the face.

Anyway, he sat there and played it online. And there were alot of ppl in there playing it still. Poor bastards.....

He's off to a good start :D

Thanks glcannon, I got a good laugh from it...

P.S. I don't remember helicopters in battlezone ??

True, no helicopters in Battlezone, I pasted the helicopter in. But its not entirely fictional. Battlezone was a commercial release. The military training version was called "Bradley" and featured vector graphic helicopters, BMPs, as well as different sights, etc..

So those of who played Battlezone at home on your Apple ][e can say you played the first true commercial tank sim.

BZ was so simple, but it was loads of fun, trying to get to advance to the next planet. I used to play it in the arcade all the time. When it came out on the Apple 2e I played it endlessly.

Changed my avatar to salute Old Glory on Independence Day.

bradleypngnv5.png

there is a open source version of it (with heavy mods) that is extremely addicitive called bzflag. Was originally desinged as a 3d game for sgi workstations, has now been ported to just about every platform out there. Team play is the rule across the net, and there are different weapons to play with. Very futuristic in that the tanks can jump, but you ought to try it.....youll get your ass handed to you every time and its fun!!!

there is a open source version of it (with heavy mods) that is extremely addicitive called bzflag. Was originally desinged as a 3d game for sgi workstations, has now been ported to just about every platform out there. Team play is the rule across the net, and there are different weapons to play with. Very futuristic in that the tanks can jump, but you ought to try it.....youll get your ass handed to you every time and its fun!!!

what version are you talking about?

there is 3 versions i know of it : one on Apple and 2 on PC (Battlezone 1 and 2 from Activision).

Btw, does anybody know how to play BZ1 online?

True, no helicopters in Battlezone, I pasted the helicopter in...

BZ was so simple, but it was loads of fun, trying to get to advance to the next planet. I used to play it in the arcade all the time. When it came out on the Apple 2e I played it endlessly.

You should've pasted in the helo from Choplifter instead :)

I also fed a lot of quarters into those things back then. I was into BZ until Star Wars came out.

• 6 years later...