Font Size Question

VegasGeorge

I need to run SB 3 at high resolution to get an edge to edge full screen image. That makes the font in my Briefing so small I can't read it without using Windows Magnifier. Is there some way I can adjust the font to make it larger?

Thanks!

Old Eyes Vegas

Can't you just set SB to be "non windowed" and then adjust your screen's resolution accordingly?

Yeah, that occurred to me too, only after I posted the question. But it seems to me I would then lose the detailed high resolution in the game unless I switched resolutions back and forth. I think using Magnifier is easier than that.

I like the large monitor idea, but that again would require a high resolution, and some viewing distance from the screen. I would have to get up and move closer to the screen to read the text. I do have a 60 inch Sony with HDMI connectors, so ultimately I will be using it for SB at least as an experiment.

Still, no way to tweak SB to get a larger font size in the Briefing?

• Members

Not yet. It was discussed in a different context recently; we need to change certain underlying code libraries first. That process will take some time, and worst of it all, as such it won't change anything. It just created the prerequisites to implement changes to the UI much faster than what we can currently do.

Thanks Ssnake! You know, this "old eyes" thing is no joke. I've had good eyesight throughout my life, prided myself as an expert marksman, etc. Now, I'm approaching 70 and my optometrist tells me I'm starting to develop cataracts. What I see (or don't!) is that my vision, even with new glasses, isn't what it used to be. I now have to get a magnifying glass to read the fine print on my pill bottles. That does't bother me as much as the fact that I'm now so cautious that I actually read the fine print on the pill bottles! Oh sh*t, I'm turning into an old fart! Argh!!!! :mad: