Iraqi M1A1 losses

Panzer_Leader

these flames look fishy, and a small granade could not create such flames on it's own, I doubt the ammo magazines blast door were opened.

Even this granade looks strange, like some kind of stick.

Or Photoshop grenade/projectile item 1123.

Coupled with Photoshop flame effect 145.

:D

Sorry, just having fun with it. When you said the following:

these flames look fishy,

I immediately thought of this:

Looks_36c32f_1540770.jpg

If you guys watch some of the footage the ISIS guys are posting, you can see some rather Matrix style editing and effects added into some of footage. This particular tank is currently only available as stills, but if the pattern is true, in about a month or two you'll see an edited video of the event. Jihad Johnny needs time to edit all the footage though. ;D

You can see some of similarities with various movies in a piece CNN did here:

This is some of the ISIS drive by shooting videos, it is graphic so be warned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBclyMfipb8

But you can see some of the editing techniques going on in the video, this isn't all shown here in the U.S. but after watching it, I want those guys exterminated like insects with extreme prejudice.

Here's another one. The explosion actually looks like the main gun being fired. Are those pieces of the sabot?

fake.jpg

I agree, and yes. The smoke plume behind the sabot is probably from the tracer element. Of course this only shows up in photographs. I don't think I ever glimpsed a sabot petal while it was in the air, just the puffs of dirt when they hit the ground. Then again, I haven't been on the receiving end of a large caliber cannon, so what do I know.

Looks like the M1098 Canister to me.

LOL, nice eye for details, I missed that.

It's where they had to crop out the concrete when they pasted in Haji. Just kidding.

If you look at that "stone" in the three photos leading up to the tank firing, that stone has different attributes each frame.

Image 1. White marking near Haji's butt.

Image 2. New stone with marking in white, or is this possibly another M1 or other vehicle behind moving it's turret?

Image 3. white marking, but missing the details in image 2.

Yeah, the vehicle is firing, however remember that photos might not be in proper chronology.

1402071024-1402064408781.jpg

I don't know, these flames look fishy, and a small granade could not create such flames on it's own, I doubt the ammo magazines blast door were opened.

Even this granade looks strange, like some kind of stick.

flames don't cast any light. commanders MG and loaders hatch should have an orange glow.