Niinisalo map and Scenarios

Zipuli

• Members

We tried to enable that in Steel Beasts once, but there were multiple problems associated with it (clashes of conflicting design features). It's not that it couldn't be solved, as usual, but it never made it to the top of our priorities either.

The reason so many videos show players rarely in the TC unbuttoned view is that its easier to see when using F8 due to the narrower FOV.If we could hit a button for the same narrower FOV as F8 I think more videos would show TC unbuttoned position as default.

If I may ask a dev,is the view when unbuttoned distorted when you have a narrower FOV?

There should be a way to eliminate the F8 view for crewed vehicles in networked missions. Eliminating the zoomed view only goes so far. One need only look at the profusion of Youtube vids to see that use of the Observer position still predominates over the F7 position, notwithstanding the lack of zoom capability in the former.

Granted, for non-crewable vehicles, there is no alternative to an external view, but at a minimum, the unzoomed viewpoint also should be lowered to that of an unbuttoned TC.

Well another issue is that when used in training, I as an instructor, may well want F8 so I can see what the crew is doing.

Just like in real life you rid in the bathtub at the back of the Leo turret or elsewhere.

Very hard to assess a crew if the vehicle only had room for the crew. :)

Now perhaps the "Instructor Host" could have overriding access but that might hard to implement.

Edited by Gibsonm

Well, I achieved a victory. I positioned a couple tank platoons for a flank attack and spread my infantry out for screening. I held one platoon of tanks + the CO tank back for reserves.

I don't know if the enemy spotted one of my infantry units or our BMP, but they headed right for me. We were soon surrounded and lost the BMP. The infantry took heavy casualties from machine gun fire, but fought back fiercely.

At this point, most of the enemy had passed one of my flanking tank platoons and I decided to move forward a bit and see if I could get a clear shot. I was quickly engaged by a Strv that I hadn't seen, taking out my gunner. The commander acted quickly and bravely, though. He managed to take out several CV-90s, a Strv and their FO! A second T-72 managed to take out some enemy infantry and two more Strvs, halting the enemy attack.

I was manning the guns for the final kill. I noticed some movement in the woods in front of me. It was an approaching Strv. I trained my sights on him and just as I was about to fire I saw an enemy soldier pop up just in front of him with a rocket launcher. I quickly squeezed the trigger and *BOOM!!*...my turret goes flying off. But...my aim was true and before I made the ultimate sacrifice I dragged one more of their tanks with me to Hell.

SS_13_48_22_zpsc798daca.jpg

SS_13_47_32_zps6280ba5a.jpg

SS_13_47_22_zps2e8e05b7.jpg

This mission is tough, but very enjoyable! Thanks, Zipuli!

One strange thing, though. The AAR has my last tank being killed before it kills the last Strv. It says I was hit by a CV-90 which had already been destroyed. Also, both the shooter and target appear to be in the wrong locations. It's the last two kills in the AAR. The report seems to show the same thing. This was using the 64-bit beta.

AAR & report attached.

AAR_zip.081407dfd51a075429439f3c8d2e6010

AAR.zip

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the 2A5 scenerio.

I might have discovered a bug. The first time I played it, the red attack came as advertised. The second time, I waited a half-hour before calling it quits. AAR showed the red forces halted in the north and not moving.

I was trying a strategy of taking up ambush positions north of the tower with plans to fall back on contact. I only had one tank in the blue zone. Maybe red's attack is triggered by my forces being in the objective?

Or was I just too impatient?

Thanks for the 2A5 scenerio.

I might have discovered a bug. The first time I played it, the red attack came as advertised. The second time, I waited a half-hour before calling it quits. AAR showed the red forces halted in the north and not moving.

I was trying a strategy of taking up ambush positions north of the tower with plans to fall back on contact. I only had one tank in the blue zone. Maybe red's attack is triggered by my forces being in the objective?

Or was I just too impatient?

Will look into it. There may be a bug in the script. The red attack plan does not take blue into account in any way, so your positioning should have nothing to do with the red stopping.

Maybe they were scared? ;)

If there is a bug, I will see to it and upload an update.

Found a few bugs. Update uploaded. This will change the mission in following ways:

- Blue Leos had wrong ammo (DM33 --> DM53, Smoke --> Thermal Smoke)

- Scoring

- Mission will not end if units are still in contact (except when blue casualties are too high)

- Red script fixed here and there

- Mission altered to include task for counterattacking if that is needed to finish off the enemy...