No mouse cursor at start up

shubert1969

Hi Folks,

I encountered a strange issue. I do not see the mouse cursor at the start menu.

The only thing that change was a new monitor (I am using a DVI cable now instead of a HDMI).

I have unplugged the joystick and tried a different mouse..no go?

any idea

Stephane

Hi Folks,

Found a solution and hope this might help others:

Strange but if I change the "make text or other item larger.." option in the screen resolution to 150% then the cursor is gone. If I change it to 125% or 100% then the cursor appear normally.

I'm using a Samsung UHD 4K so it might be because of the resolution..dunno

cheers

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem. Windows 10 update at the weekend set my desktop scaling to 150% for some reason, and the mouse pointer in SB Pro PE disappears in full screen mode. It's there in "windowed".

Set back to 125% and its visible again.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Windows 10 makes things more difficult than ever. Depending on the hardware, Win 10 may have certain updates (and features) enabled or not, depending on license and choice you may be subject to forced updates (now, a bit later, somewhat later, or never), and any combination of these can at any point cause trouble, and then we need to program around that (just to see that MS changes things back, or changes them even further).

Sheer brilliance.

• 4 years later...

Hello,

Ā 

I have a standard resolution of 2560 * 1440 with 120 Hz.

Withe the commandlineaddition in the start shortcut --fullscreenwindow [=arg(=true)] (=false)

the game started in fullscreenmode without mouse cursor.

By the way what is the correct notation for the addition - sometimes i got an error for wrong notation of the additon?

What else possibilities can i try out?

Thanks for your help.

Ā 

Greetings -Sperber-

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I suppose your google results are as good as mine. Maybe you can get more specific results if you not just search the interwebs for "no mouse cursor in fullscreen game" but also add the details of your mouse vandor and model.

Hello,

Ā 

if anyone understands German, in my Case I reduced the "Skalierung unter Skalierung und Layout des Bildschirms in den Einstellungen von Win 11" and the Mouse appeared again.

Ā 

Greetings -Sperber-