D u k e

Servus guys,

we want to test our new Server.

Time: 26th of July; 21:00 o`clock Berlin time

and here for different time zones

Scenario:

Combat Team Flank Attack at Hamelin 1990 made by Panzer_Leader

Hi D u k e

I'm really pleased you're testing your server with an international multiplayer event using one of my scenarios and would love to join you but, unfortunately, I'm committed to attending a birthday party for a friend's child at this time (I'm sure you can relate ;)). Even if I was free, I need to carefully ration time spent online on weekends in order to have enough credits with my wife to participate in the full Rolling Thunder on 10 August (my time). Not very manly perhaps, but that's my lot. I'd love to hear how this weekend's event goes and if you can share an AAR, that would be awesome.

Good luck! :cvcsalut:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rhys,

you mean an AAR at SimHQ?

Enjoy the birthday party, don`t forget the hearing Protection.

cheers

D u k e

Maybe we create a TS channel for our ladys. We can play, and they can talk about their problems with us.:c:

Edited by D u k e

D u k e,

You still have the dongle from the "old" server?

If yes then you don't need a new dongle.

Its just like your personal machine.

Yes you need the dongle to run Steel Beasts but the 3.019 server is just like the upgrade you did at home, it just a different executable file which you install on the machine for 3.019 "server" vs 3.019 "ordinary".

I can detail the process in a PM to you in an hour or so.

Servus Mark,

I have no idea how it works. We tested our server today and all I know we got a new Dongle from Ssnake, and this Dongle is on the way to the provider.

Falli is our server servant so he knows the details.

cheers

D u k e

Ehrm, as I got it right from Nils... you also need a special server license for 3.019.

The license we got from Nils was written on the new stick, was shipped to the new provider but hasn´t arrived yet (just gave them a call 5mins ago).

In general we have our working CM-Stick, which is now used to operate the new server with 3.011 by a shared license.

But I don´t think it is possible to write the same 3.019 license on it additionally, as we used Nils´ key link already. Also there´s no real need for 2 seperated 3.019 server licenses for us.

So, this test will simply be run with 3.011 :clin:

Hi D u k e

I'm really pleased you're testing your server with an international multiplayer event using one of my scenarios and would love to join you but, unfortunately, I'm committed to attending a birthday party for a friend's child at this time (I'm sure you can relate ;)). Even if I was free, I need to carefully ration time spent online on weekends in order to have enough credits with my wife to participate in the full Rolling Thunder on 10 August (my time). Not very manly perhaps, but that's my lot. I'd love to hear how this weekend's event goes and if you can share an AAR, that would be awesome.

Good luck! :cvcsalut:

The CO indicated a couple of labeling issues (town names, etc.).

I didn't record them (I'll link a screenshot at end of mission) but it should be captured in the video feeds.

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZqqV7ZqErcutcBhQfVowb5QzVRMVBUnGSk

24: Seemed to start with a defend tactic so crept forward looking for a firing position - Had to stop them.

Mission complete 60 out of 100. Exceeded 90mins.

AAR:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZEqV7Z4V1bWOl9gV0KuQ0L54mnTRJbY7dV

Edited by Gibsonm

D u k e,

Thanks for setting this up.

Hopefully it was a good test of your server?

I know the 8 and half hours of this plus the United Operations activity provided me with a good warm up for the Rolling Thunder in a fortnight.

Hopefully your 3.019 dongle will arrive in the next two weeks so we can run Rolling Thunder under 3.019 and avoid the Hamachi and other networking issues.

Oh and ideally combat cameraman is free for us too.

Pretty sure Ssnake wants to record some (he did last time) but the multi-sided nature means that for full coverage of a given scenario we'd need 6 (one for each of Canadian, UK, US, German, Ukrainian and RusFed) as you can't move from colour to colour once the scenario starts.

Two across NATO would probably be enough if two is all we can get. :)

• Members

I'd like to coordinate with the other camera men the recording settings, and how we exchange the data afterwards (I suggest burning the raw footage to bluray and then to send it by mail). Also, we should agree on a uniform sound mix, e.g. SB sound level reduced to 20% relative to Teamspeak transmissions, etc.

The CO indicated a couple of labeling issues (town names, etc.).

I didn't record them (I'll link a screenshot at end of mission) but it should be captured in the video feeds.

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZqqV7ZqErcutcBhQfVowb5QzVRMVBUnGSk

24: Seemed to start with a defend tactic so crept forward looking for a firing position - Had to stop them.

Mission complete 60 out of 100. Exceeded 90mins.

AAR:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZEqV7Z4V1bWOl9gV0KuQ0L54mnTRJbY7dV

Thanks very much Mark. I've saved the image with town names so I can update the map for v1.1 of the scenario and will look at 24 at the same time.

I also reviewed the AAR but noticed an issue - the Soviet counter-penetration force didn't fire as expected - which I need to look at more closely. I think I know why but will need to confirm and update the logic for v1.1. You guys did exceptionally well, RED couldn't really get into the fight.