M1A2 gun not firing in MANUAL mode

Stanny

Hello,

The gun on M1A2 SEP is not firing in MANUAL mode (rose light on, GAS sight turned on, sabot round loaded). Gun is not firing when you hit the spacebar key.

This happens in tutorial MANUAL mode mission, don't know about other scenarios. Is this a bug or something?

Version 3.011 x86 (downloadable unlimited upgrade).

Yes, Shift + Spacebar combination is working. Thanks for the tip. I was a bit confused as I had been going through the Challenger II tutorials a couple of days ago and there you can fire in MANUAL mode with Spacebar key only.

As an interesting side note, when the 'A2s were first fielded we found that some genius engineer at GDLS had routed all of the firing circuits through the network boxes. The upshot being, you couldn't fire using the master blaster without the master power being on...

As an interesting side note, when the 'A2s were first fielded we found that some genius engineer at GDLS had routed all of the firing circuits through the network boxes. The upshot being, you couldn't fire using the master blaster without the master power being on...

Well i guess that problem was fixed. The SEP's can fire without master power using the master blaster

Yes, Shift + Spacebar combination is working. Thanks for the tip. I was a bit confused as I had been going through the Challenger II tutorials a couple of days ago and there you can fire in MANUAL mode with Spacebar key only.

yes, the old way was just spacebar in manual mode.

i guess the challenger hasn't been properly updated yet.

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old thread but... I am going through the M1A1 tutorials and I can't get the main gun to fire in manual mode. Shift+spacebar has no effect. I had this problem last night and was able to fire by clicking on the master blaster but that poor alternative will not work tonight.

I have recently downloaded and freshly installed SB Pro PE 3.025. Windows 7 ultra opperating system.

• Moderators

Just a note:

Keep in mind that what is true on the M1A2 is also true on the M1A1 -- SHIFT+SPACE represents any manual method of firing (master blaster, or trigger on the EL handle, or a still working firing circuit). The M1A1 can also fire in manual mode with the triggers, but for simplicity we just have one manual fire command, to be used in manual mode or when the fire control system is non-operational (there are so many tanks in SB that there must be some intentional simplification here).

• Members

Can you explain step by step what you're doing - which scenario (tutorial) do you start, the crew position you're in, the sight that you're looking through, and the other button presses leading up to the point where Shift+Space doesn't fire the gun when you think it should?

Can you explain step by step what you're doing - which scenario (tutorial) do you start, the crew position you're in, the sight that you're looking through, and the other button presses leading up to the point where Shift+Space doesn't fire the gun when you think it should?

Starting the sim...

Clicking on "tutorials"...

Clicking on "M1A1"...

Clicking on "10 M1 Gunnery J"...

I then read the briefing and press start...

I left click away from the GPS so I can click on the GAS...

I press the "/" to put in manual mode...

I use the arrow keys to lay on target...

I press "Shift+Spacebar" and...

BOOM!!!

Before today, nothing happened. The only things I have done differently is to try the same scenario using the M1A2, and hook up a joy stick to my computer. I will be happy if it continues to work and I will let you know if it stops.

It's well known that sSnake and co. can hack into into any computer owned by any member of this forum. Disabling a function and then re-enabling it after you've complained that it isn't working to make you look silly, is just one of the ways they pass the time when things are a bit slow in the office - or they've come back smashed from a big lunch. :) Their favourite, undoubtedly, used to be messing about with the behaviour of the Mech Inf but recently they seem to have got bored with that. :)