3.019 - Red Fratricide

Viper-3

Has anyone else seen infantry (non missile team) shoot each other with no enemy within range? My closest brads were at least 7 kilometers away. While going over the AAR five minutes into the scenario the AAR playback stopped with red blah blah blah destroyed by red blah blah blah.

Scenario - Breach and occupy (latest scenario uploaded). I played in 3.019 and changed the Blue units to Seps and Brads. Removed the penalty zone and added some Red T-90's. Confused as to how those changes would cause AI fratricide when there was no reason to even fire.

In the edited scenario the idiots keep shooting for no reason that I can see. I even took all Blue units out of the scenario and they are still shooting LOL. One of the kills said Red was hit by HE but didn't not list a firing vehicle or inf unit. When I added the blue units back and played the scenario they fire but didn't register a kill against own trps anymore. Strange indeed. I'll tweak the scenario and try to capture some good screenies.

Right now Im having fun

One of the kills said Red was hit by HE but didn't not list a firing vehicle or inf unit.

Are there any scripted red artillery calls? If so, is it possible they hit the red units? Did you actually observe red units firing in any runs, or are you going solely by the AAR?

The first time that I observed it was in the AAR after playing as Blue. I played it again as Red to watch the Inf. They fired but didn't kill anyone although I can't figure out what they were firing at as blue units are clearly out of range and sight.

Scripted Artillery was one of my thoughts but I initially brushed it off thinking who in their right minds would call arty on trps for no reason with the enemy on the other side of the map. Blue clearly does not have preplanned arty.

I'm gong back to the original scenario and removing blue to post it here if they fire again.

LOL I found him. The unit that is firing as soon as the mission starts is B-1 /2 / A HMG team (MG3), 3 man team. The idiot that is prone on the road immediately south of Obj Alpha and his team mate behind the wall. Both fire for no reason at all. In the scenario where they shot another team, that team was in the house across the street in the screenshot.

I'm not good at capturing game footage but hopefully this gives a clue. I tried to zip the sce and place it here but it's too large.

Mapshot.JPG.9c1f125abb83702fb5d666a5f5ff

RED-B-1-2-AInf.jpg.9abab087b8665441836e2

Mapshot.JPG.9c1f125abb83702fb5d666a5f5ff

RED-B-1-2-AInf.jpg.9abab087b8665441836e2

• Members
I tried to zip the sce and place it here but it's too large.

In the mission editor, select >"purge navmesh" and set the scenario to link to the height map file rather than embedding it, then save it under a different name. That should drastically reduce the file size.

The unit's tactics aren't set to suppress are they? That will make them fire without any visible targets.

Bingo!

The unit is in fact set to Suppress tactics. Changed it to defend and they stopped firing on multiple replays of the scenario.

Thanks Rotar