Supersonic Submarine?

Guest Killjoy

Guest Killjoy
I won't hold my breath for it.

I see what you did there.

I'll buy that. :c:

"..could one day travel oceans at 3,600 mph inside a bubble.."

Someone's stealing Anime Cable channels from their Neighbour!

Also, if it's going at 3,600 Miles Per Hour underwater, shouldn't it be traveling at SUB-sonic speeds?

Guest Killjoy
The only way to "see" under water is sound. If you travel at the speed of sound, there will be some challenges concerning collision avoidance.

Plus it would be like having a massive mega-phone and shouting "DEPTH CHARGE ME!" at every passing Frigate Anti-Submarine patrol.

• Members

If you can push thousands of tons of water out of the way each second for supersonic underwater travel, a whale of approximately the density of water won't create THAT much more resistance. I doubt however that supercavitation can be used for more than torpedos, or even if it could applied to an entire submarine, that it would allow sustained travel at these velocities... the navigation issues totally put aside for the moment.

This is a pipe dream, or totally mangled in intent and the scale of its technology through inaccurate reporting.

Guest Killjoy
Not much sure about this "supersonic" submarine :c:, but I would prefer to ride on this "superluxe" Submarine :bigsmile:

MIGALOO_Private-submersible-yacht-by-motion-code-blue-1418x490.jpg

http://www.motioncodeblue.com/project/migaloo-private-submersible-yacht/

And a Ballistic Missile Silo on the front... because, you know, some day you might just decide "France would look better with a great smoking hole in it".

Just open the hatch before you surface to collect the sea water around you in the basin and viola!! Instant pool party on the top deck!

Ain't no Party like a Communist Party.

Also, if it's going at 3,600 Miles Per Hour underwater, shouldn't it be traveling at SUB-sonic speeds?

Kidding aside, I think that really is the speed of sound in water (or close to it ~1500m\s).

I see no frikken laser on the shark's head - it's useless.

More Better

fwB8nbI4TuM