Long Night of Tanks 2014 (111800Zoct14)

Falli

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a heads up for this up coming event :)

Tested my laptop and port forwarding and everything works. I also received my new 2TB HD and will installed it today and test it.

Just waiting for more information on the first mission.

Quick question, how much of a break will there be between each mission? I would assume at least thirty minutes in-between each mission.

Quick question, how much of a break will there be between each mission? I would assume at least thirty minutes in-between each mission.

Well for the last few its been closer to 15 than 30, but that's because we have already received orders, etc.

Unsure as to timings in the new format.

But I intend to be there at H-30 (0430 local) just in case we can get a briefing.

Just for you, Tango, the abbreviated version:

1. Download

2. Double click to open in Stuffit, Win Zip, or whatever you use.

3. Copy the files from within the zipped archive to respective positions on on your machine.

e.g.:

\camo\woodland\de\GE_equipZUKUNFT.dds

goes into

C:\Users\mark [insert your name here]\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\camo\woodland\de\

Then do the same with the rest of the Infantry and Vehicle skins.

Just for you, Tango, the abbreviated version:

1. Download

2. Double click to open in Stuffit, Win Zip, or whatever you use.

3. Copy the files from within the zipped archive to respective positions on on your machine.

e.g.:

\camo\woodland\de\GE_equipZUKUNFT.dds

goes into

C:\Users\mark [insert your name here]\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\camo\woodland\de\

Then do the same with the rest of the Infantry and Vehicle skins.

Just for you, Gib, the abbreviated response: "Thanks, Mate!!" :drink:

Well, I was rather unexpectedly moved to a new base two days ago, and the Internet connection here is very poor. I am hoping/expecting I will move to a better place tonight in time for LNoT! Unfortunately, if I have to stay where I am, I will not be able to attend, as my ping times will be between 700-900ms, which I don't think will be acceptable in the 3D environment.

I"m in Afghanistan. The base I was at until two days ago has workable Internet, this one is crap. As far as going off-base....let's just say that's unauthorized. I expect to leave this base today, but I may not be back at my home base until tomorrow, since I may be at a transient station overnight tonight. The Internet there may be better (crosses fingers) but hopefully I'll get back to my regular spot before LNoT starts. But as is typical with these sorts of operations, nobody really knows what's going on (or they do and aren't telling!).

A16...lnot will use the 3.011 version. From my experience with that type of internet connection, portforwarding is a problem. Hopefully hamachi can help...it'll still be a rough ride

I have a VPN set up with port forwarding and have been successfully playing 3.011 with DoW. Ping times are not great (roughly 350ms) but have been quite workable.

Just found out I won't make it back to my normal base tonight, but I also won't be where I am now...I'll be at a transient spot overnight. Not sure what the Internet status is from there, so we'll just have to see.

A new date was found and here it comes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23051&d=1409552204

It´s time again for an official LNoT. And the planning already started. Everything missing is: YOU!

German online community “Panzerbataillon 911(v)” invites everyone interested to join the legendary battle of combined arms on Saturday, 11th of October 2014 starting at 1800h UTC.

What do you have to expect?

• App. 6 – 8 hours of tactical COOP simulation in up to four scenarios
  • Fighting and cooperating within a tank or armoured cavalry company
  • Enlistment on staffing lists (steelbeasts.org)
  • Skilled and well equipped enemy of the 8th Soviet Guards Tank Army
  • Tons of tanks, APCs, IFVs, recovery vehicles and perhaps some Choppers
  • Special skin packs for LNoT (GE/US/RU)
  • Up to four scenarios on the brand-new and high-detailed Fulda - Bad Hersfeld map
  • Most realistic operation area of V. (US) and III. (GE) Corps
  • Standalone SB Pro PE and TS3-Server
  • Organized administration crew
  • Sleep deprivation
  • Not to forget: Lots of fun

Connection information:

SB Pro PE Server IP: 176.57.142.201

TS3 Server IP: 83.169.4.123 (PW: kettenpolster)

For using HAMACHI VPN-tool, please ask for further instructions

Game version: v3.011

Enlistment:

To enlist to unique positions within the Battlegroup, please contact the organizer via PM to Falli(911) http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=5327

Staffing Lists direct links:

Mission 1 (Reconnaissance):

http://www.steelbeasts.org/showthread.php?7595-Stellenbesetzungsliste-%28Staffing-List%29-Mission-1

Mission 2 (Attack):

http://www.steelbeasts.org/showthread.php?7594-Stellenbesetzungsliste-%28Staffing-List%29-Mission-2

Mission 3 (Delay):

http://www.steelbeasts.org/showthread.php?7593-Stellenbesetzungsliste-%28Staffing-List%29-Mission-3

All participants of LNoT can use the following ribbon for their signatures:

attachment.php?attachmentid=21162&d=1389824962

For all of you, who played all missions there´s an individual one:

attachment.php?attachmentid=21163&d=1389824962

cheers

D u k e