Long Night of Tanks 2014 (111800Zoct14)

Falli

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, this was my first experience playing Long Night of Tanks and I have to say it was a lot of fun!!! I finished the first mission and almost stayed until the end of the second mission. My Bradley got killed by Communist counterattack in mission 2, close to the end of the mission. Unfortunately I couldn't stay to play the 3rd mission but I plan to find enough time in the future to do all 3 missions for the next event.

I would like to say Thank You and cheers to the organizers of the event as well as to everyone that showed up. :drink:

I agree the maps were very detailed and looked great, but manouevring HEMMTs in those towns with the narrow winding roads is a true PITA (I guess until the Navmesh nirvana arrives).

I'm sure we started an urban renewal programme with our echelon wherever we went.

It got to the point that I bypassed the towns in Missions 2 and 3 because I needed to rely on the routes to get them there under AI control while calling in fires or commanding.

No point in staying on the road in the town if you need to either micro mange the movement at the expense of all else or risk it and rely on routes, just to check and find that the vital resupply wont make it because the vehicle is stuck to a building or jammed in a lane (or the hand brake on the HEMMT has failed and the ammo truck has slid down the mountain into a lake, etc.).

Next time can I have some Unimogs or "liberated" Urals? :)

Thank you PzBtl911 for a great game. I found out the hard way to stay away from water and bridges :bigsmile: I was only able to play both missions and had to drop from mission 3. Looking forward for more missions. in the mean time I need to practice, practice, and more practice on moving vehicles and try to learn the comm setups.

Wow, got some hours of sleep finally and a cigarette is at hand :gun:

First of all, thx guys for those nice words and everyone for participating that night. :luxhello:

I think everyone at PzBtl911 is pleased to hear that you had your fun yesterday/today/tomorrow (depending on your time zone hehe). And that was - as always - the point.

Also I want to use the opportunity to publicly thank the other organizers Eisenschwein, Gladiator and Ricopico here at SB.com for creating those scenarios and Duke for making it possible to stream this show on twitch.

Regarding the detail grade of the scenarios and the terrain, unfortunately Germany looks like this. If you ever get the possibility to visit this area in Hessia you will discover how reality and virtual reality could merge.

Unless it sometimes was a mess to get those callsigns through villages and localities I think you all did a great job. It surely was the right decision to use a smaller unit size in company strenght so that nearly every single vehicle was human controlled. You´re right that the AI still has some major problems handling this terrain and with obstacle awareness.

So stay tuned for a new appointment to replay the 3rd mission in November/December 2014. :clin:

And in terms of Steel Panther´s song... the burden of being wonderful - the plannings for the LNOT2015 will start soon