Swedish Mech Company TO&E

TankHunter

Thanks Tac and KT. Two additional questions.

1. The peacetime organization, is that the case also for peacekeeping operations or is that considered "wartime"?

2. Are there any ATGM platoons that can be given to the company, or is the force reliant entirely on the tanks from the battalion for mid-long ranged anti-tank capabilities?

1. The Company is the same in war configuration and peacekeeping configuration. Can be some local attachments/Detachments of course.

2. The Battalion have 1 ATGM platoon using "Rb 55E" (TOW 2B). Back in 2004 they rode in open top tracked unarmed vehicles, what they run around in now I don't know. I normally use the danish M113 TOW vehicle as a stand in.

Much is up to what timeframe you want. We have been downsizing our armed forces for a long time now, but if you look at the 2003-2007 timeframe the brigade had an entire TOW Company in support and the Battalions had 2 Tank coys and 2 Mech coys and if it was a PBV302 coy it had 3 BILL2 systems in the coy but if it had CV9040 it had none (Although I have seen examples of BILL2 squads in CV90 coys, but my coy did not have it).

/KT

Sweden have never used tanks in peacekeeping mission so if a Tank Coy get picked to go on a peacekeeping mission they would retrain to something light like Patgb 203b or the new Patgb 360 and RG32 Galt (LMV/Eagle car).

It's kind of a "plausible" because up to just a few years ago our peacekeeping force has been all volunteers, so it is first now that we start to send already existing units on peacekeeping missions and with only one tank coy in entire sweden being trained right now they have not yet gone on a peacekeeping mission and most likely the Mech Inf and Airborne/Ranger gets the tasking well before a tank coy are asked to retrain considering how few personel you have in a tank coy.

/KT