Just dropped by...

Rockape

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

(I mention Ladies 'cos there was one or two way back in the old days :) )

Just dropped by to say Hello, especially you veteran SB'ers out there I trust you're all keeping well and having fun. My absence from the community has been down to Real Life suddenly biting me in the butt... :o

I've tried to keep abreast of SB as much as R/L has allowed, and WOW! has this sim grown up a bit, I just love what Al, Ssnake and crew have done with it, makes me want to dust off my trusty old Thrustmasters and fire up my old SB1. Gold copy.

You all take care and send a few down range.

what is wrong with sb gold?

I think it is still a good game.

For a beginner and for those who plays only sp like me,

it has more sp missions which are more suitable for beginners.

Yes, you can play those on 3.019, but you have to edit it first,

mostly the map and the scoring, so it takes more time.

so for learning purposes, even though I have 3.019,

I still play sb gold.

• Members
what is wrong with sb gold?

I think it is still a good game.

For a beginner and for those who plays only sp like me,

it has more sp missions which are more suitable for beginners.

Pretty much any scenario created for SB Gold can also be played in SB Pro, and look infinitely better at the same time. Also, SB Gold has a number of compatibility issues with the Windows versions since Windows 95/98. SB Pro bypasses most of this.

Ok you talked me into it....:heu: , went and got me the 4 monthly ticket installed and registered without incident, Now I just got to get my 'tread head' back on.

Just one query I saw a YT Video of the FV101 (Scorpion) as a playable asset yet when I check the range scenarios I don't see it listed, is this a just a run and gun item in mission/scenario or only available in the PRO not PE edition?

"Fin Tank On" - Oh! Crap he's seen us :eek2: - "Driver Reverse".....!

Ok you talked me into it....:heu: , went and got me the 4 monthly ticket installed and registered without incident, Now I just got to get my 'tread head' back on.

Just one query I saw a YT Video of the FV101 (Scorpion) as a playable asset yet when I check the range scenarios I don't see it listed, is this a just a run and gun item in mission/scenario or only available in the PRO not PE edition?

The Scorpion isn't playable, but the Scimitar is :)

Well your gunner is going to think you are an idiot now. ;)

No "fin " for the 76mm, only HESH.

Well there are a few (and growing) number of missions using UK gear.

I don't think there are any dedicated to the Scimitar or Scorpion though where they are the only units.

A recent post is one by "Grenny", detailed here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21051

Just download it (post #3) and select one of the QDG recce units to be in a Scimitar.

Alternatively if not password protected, you can edit an existing scenario and change the vehicle type from "X" to Scimitar.

Just watch what "X" is though. Swapping say an M1A2 SEP for a Scimitar and then finding that your Troop is now the centre of a frantic delay (why the designer chose the M1A2 SEP) might be a challenge since you swapped the vehicle type involved.