132100Zsep13 Squadron assault, NTC BERGEN-HOHNE

Grenny

Thank you for beeing quick on call as a host.

Much appreciated!!

+1

Thanks also to Gibsonm for the server offer.

And, for the record, we usually have our sh*t relatively together. At least with the admin/tech stuff. Not always on the battlefield. :)

Well there won't be one. We aborted the mission due to massive lagg issues. We think it has to do with the fact that Grenny did it on 64bit version and we played it on 32bit. Everything was weird...

So we will replay it another time :)

/KT

Good news for me personally as I had to go out on a 'rescue mission' last night and would have missed it. Next time, any damsel in distress who breaks down in the wilds of Lincolnshire will just have to wait until morning. :clin:

That'd be nice mark...

Well we ran it tonight with about 8 players (people for Aust, NZ, UK and Germany) and it seemed OK (at least from networking point of view).

The tactics might have been "unusual" but the performance was fine.

I at least wasn't certain though as to what the Trigger was to launch our C-Atk (in the end we just stepped off when I thought it was a good idea).

Also I wasn't certain where we we going (after DAGGER). The task list in the orders didn't include an objective after DAGGER.

I assumed it was the proposed SBF and we went there????

Well we ran it tonight with about 8 players (people for Aust, NZ, UK and Germany) and it seemed OK (at least from networking point of view).

The tactics might have been "unusual" but the performance was fine.

I at least wasn't certain though as to what the Trigger was to launch our C-Atk (in the end we just stepped off when I thought it was a good idea).

Also I wasn't certain where we we going (after DAGGER). The task list in the orders didn't include an objective after DAGGER.

I assumed it was the proposed SBF and we went there????

Thanx for the feedback!!

Is there an AAR file?

If you reached the SBF marker and where able to neutralize enemy in front of the other companies. It was a win :-D

Thanx for the feedback!!

Is there an AAR file?

If you reached the SBF marker and where able to neutralize enemy in front of the other companies. It was a win :-D

Well I thought our primary role was to see if for us we had the same experience of:

Everything was weird...

/KT

But now that you have asked here you are:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZh9Y7ZjvXPb9LRgd4tijJC7asySysPBJYV

Note:

1. In the absence of any guidance we launched the C-Atk on our own initiative. I was hoping for either something in the Brief to say go when these conditions are met or perhaps a scrolling text message from the BDE HQ to launch.

2. As a contingency I had a laptop logged in as Green since it wasn't clear if the Blue FO could actually call fire or not from the brief. This was the right choice/guess since part way through we discovered that missions plotted by the Blue FO weren't executed but the Green ones were. Whilst fine if you have a dedicated FO, it was another hat for me to wear.

3. After having found the Trigger to end the mission I can't recall if it gave us a "win" or not, but again we were primarily concerned with how it ran, rather than the result (esp. as the actual job of the C-Atk force wasn't clear - had hoped it would be the top item in the partial task list [maybe it was in the bit represented by the "..."?]).

Anyway we were OK for Lag, certainly Duke didn't mention any issues. :)

Will you cut that thinly clad criticism of my briefing-writing skills please :-P

Ok, serious now.

Again, thanx for testing!!

1.:Given that you went on without the additional spotreps and information as given in the UO-forum, it went ok.

2.:The conditions and triggers worked OK.

3.:It was supposed that with mission start "DAGGER" was activated by the BN-HQ (see §1 and the fact that the mission was designed around the idea of me taking part and "acting" as HQ ;-) ) ...in that case, given a time window of +/-5 minutes...the counterattack would coincided nicely with the FASCAM and the arrival of 656 squadron AAC.

4.:There was one event that was not triggered while it should have. I have to look into the conditions again. I mean, the Recce guys at the right are there for a reason ;-)

I know what to tweak now.

br

Will you cut that thinly clad criticism of my briefing-writing skills please :-P

Ok, serious now.

Again, thanx for testing!!

1.:Given that you went on without the additional spotreps and information as given in the UO-forum, it went ok.

Ah so you (acting as BDE HQ) were the "trigger". I just wanted to make sure we hadn't missed something.

Hopefully the AAR helps. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

It was an enjoyable scenario Grenny, a real nail-biter. I was running the Recce (poorly, as is my usual standard). The northern formation recce I pushed up towards the edge of the suspected ENY location without seeing anything, but my nervousness about bumping into a lot of baddies there meant I got too far south and was spotted by an AT group south and lost a vehicle (mobility kill).

I worked backwards and forwards more carefully along the north flank of Dagger with my remaining unit, spotting fall of shot for friendlies before moving south. I don't think I even heard any firing from that suspected eny position north. That would have been a nasty surprise...