Video Thread

DemolitionMan

I just don't get those tank dashes in the cities... Are they actually shooting at legit targets, or just shooting around? Are they trying to pull the FSA troops out in the "open" to get them or what? It just seems absurd. Though they do seem to have some sort of basic idea behind the vehicle movements etc.

And that civilian traffic in the middle of it all! :o

• Members
I just don't get those tank dashes in the cities... Are they actually shooting at legit targets, or just shooting around?

That's anyone's guess. I suppose the basic logic is "if we kill them - good. If we kill bystanders, maybe that'll teach them a lesson."

Assume that none of the local commanders ever read a handbook about counterinsurgency warfare. This is a civil war, and one side has tanks. They may have the basic tactics right, but that won't help with a flawed strategy.

Guest theGUNSLINGER
I just don't get those tank dashes in the cities... Are they actually shooting at legit targets, or just shooting around? Are they trying to pull the FSA troops out in the "open" to get them or what? It just seems absurd. Though they do seem to have some sort of basic idea behind the vehicle movements etc.

And that civilian traffic in the middle of it all! :o

jesus looks like a game of World of Tanks :eek2: maybee they have the same thing on them when a tank gets hit from a certain direction it flashes red on there screen and they just turn there turrets and start blasting away in that direction,,, maybee just maybee WOT is a SIM :eek: :debile2:

Do you think they'll be re-introduced at some point or are they gone from the Dutch ORBAT for the foreseeable future?

Someone on this forum mentioned that Dutch tank crews are still being trained at Münster, Germany.

All the Dutch Leopards are for sale though.