Video Thread

DemolitionMan

Thanks Stevo.

If you have an interest in Russian Tanks this is an excellent find.

Also the fact that they are finally addressing Ammo storage as a priority.

Plus other design Issues found on earlier models of T Tanks.

Looks like they want to build something that can match western designed Tanks

Seems like the days of, Make them cheap and make a lot of them are over.

This one really made me go "Huh!"

I think this is the first time I've seen an old flat-front Leopard 2 painted in desert tan. When I thought about Leopards used in desert wars I always tended to think of the more modern ones like the 2A5/2A6 rather than something so old.

Leopard2A4_1.jpg

But then again, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, given how it seems like the old 2A4s never get melted down, just repainted and sold to somebody else! Like the Canadian 2A4Ms, the Singapore 2A4SG, and now I guess South Africa is looking at some 2A4s. I guess they made so many of them that it's a nice economical export vehicle now?

This one really made me go "Huh!"

I think this is the first time I've seen an old flat-front Leopard 2 painted in desert tan. When I thought about Leopards used in desert wars I always tended to think of the more modern ones like the 2A5/2A6 rather than something so old.

But then again, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, given how it seems like the old 2A4s never get melted down, just repainted and sold to somebody else! Like the Canadian 2A4Ms, the Singapore 2A4SG, and now I guess South Africa is looking at some 2A4s. I guess they made so many of them that it's a nice economical export vehicle now?

The leo-2A4 is a truly excellent design.

like you stated it makes a lot of economic sense for army's who,s potential opponents

Have not got the latest hardware, Most of south Africa's potential opponents still use old Soviet Tanks.The 2A4 is reliable and still a very capable tank,

And has some very good upgrades packages If you need to modernize for future threats.