Video Thread

DemolitionMan

I have seen 131 a couple of times,Even before they restored it at a very high cost but worth Every penny. What a piece of engineering the tiger was for its time.

And believe it or not,I was allowed to sit in the drivers seat,

I had traveled from Ireland to visit bovington tank museum.

And 131 was in the service area (not open to the public)So i asked a member of staff could i Take a couple of pictures the staff were very helpful and arranged a quick visit to the yard

Then one of the mechanics asked me would i like to see the inside.

And what an experience it was. I will be visiting bovington again on the 15th of this month.

They have recently opened a new hall, really looking forward to viewing it

As the lads from UKArmour will testify i have not shut up about it. LOL

I'm impressed they were able to hit anything given the flight time of the shell.

You know, I feel the same way when I watch a Human gunner score a hit with a HEAT round past 1500m or a HESH past 1000m....

It seems like you've got enough time to make a cup of coffee before those things come out of orbit.

• Members
Do they cap the muzzle or just let the barrel fill and then drain by opening the breech?

You load a water removal grenade (водоотведения, BB-5) with reduced charge before entering the water, then simply fire the gun. As we don't simulate water in the gun barrel, we have so far not added this round to the inventory. It's basically a 125mm long brass bucket lined with powdered silica gel and a thick, military grade felt disc. The special propellant has a burn retardant to reduce the otherwise excessive maximum chamber and in-bore pressure.

It's quite ingenious, actually. I think only Russkies can come up with such a crazy idea.