Video Thread

DemolitionMan

Not necessarily.

If no one replies, there is only a dude talking to himself. The problem occurs when other people join in and it escalates into one.

With all due respect, ANY dude (no names, no packdrill), by posting on this forum is NOT talking to himself - he is addressing the entire community.

So do I take it that people can be as unpleasant, supercilious and sarcastic as they like about/to other indivuals without censure, but if anyone objects THEY are the guilty party?

I really need to know this because if that is the official policy, I'm outa here.

Further to the above, I would like to make it absolutely clear that I am not asking for a right of reply to posts containing offensive and unnecessarily sarcastic remarks. I have already undertaken not to rise to the bait in public. I would just like reassurance that such posters will have their knuckles rapped by the moderators. Not to much to ask, surely?

Movie prop - a visually modded tank to look like an M1. What could have been the original tank?

watch?v=cefRYr888hI

Looking at the tracks and drivers position I'd put my money on Chieftain.
IIRC, a desert tan painted Chieftain was used as "American" tanks in Zombieland and again in The Walking Dead. Wonder if it's the same vehicle just with some new paint and a little sheet metal welded on?

Some things just should not be re-made, and Red Dawn was one of them.

They didn't even have a good "AVENGE ME!" scene.

Those are visually modified chieftains.

(Some guff about it being illegal too import American hardware, once it has been exported.)

Here they are in their "debut" as far as i know.

8wrNMPRriwc

One of these Chief-brams was in the last Fast & Furious film (No. 6)

If you want to rent one:

http://armytrucksinc.com/armored-vehicles/

:)

• Members
So do I take it that people can be as unpleasant, supercilious and sarcastic as they like about/to other indivuals without censure, but if anyone objects THEY are the guilty party?

The question is HOW you object to it. These here are the forum rules. You are bound by them. So are the others. If you think that someone overstepped the bounds of these rules, feel free to alert Moderator (at) Steelbeasts (.com), post a link to the offending thread, and the Moderator hive mind will consider the case.

Moderator likes to point out that he isn't infallible, but he's trying.

Moderator also likes to point out that he has a strong dislike for smug forum rule lawyers who provoke members with less finesse in the subtleties of the English language into attacks which then obviously violate the rules. IOW, don't act like an asshole and we'll all get along just fine.

That said, this is the internet. (Not SPARTAAAA!, but still)

We can't possibly protect everybody against hurt feelings at any time. This is a forum of soldiers, active or retired, and people who mix with this folk whose very profession is to get numbed a bit about subtleties.

It is a forum about the simulation of horrible death, disfigurement, and the mutilation of our brave Pixeltruppen - which are burning to death in their Pixeltanks by the hundreds every day. It sounds a bit disconnected if not even sarcasm were allowed. This is all a huge zone of shades of grey, not a sharp divider between white and black.

Ultimately we expect a certain degree of professionalism and the ability of every forum member to recognize when he overstepped, and eventually apologize. Apologies may require courage, but we simply expect our forum member to be courageous, and not to hide behind the relative anonymity of forum nicknames and distances of continental, if not planetary scale.

The question is HOW you object to it. These here are the forum rules. You are bound by them. So are the others. If you think that someone overstepped the bounds of these rules, feel free to alert Moderator (at) Steelbeasts (.com), post a link to the offending thread, and the Moderator hive mind will consider the case.

Thank you for your considerate and thoughtful response.

I have carefully read your entire post and am confident I understand it. I will comply with the rules, and apologise if some of my posts have transgressed them in the past.

I find the extract above most encouraging, although I don't think it should be primarily the responsibility of forum members to report perceived transgressions. No one wants to keep running to teacher, saying, 'Look what that nasty man has said to me now'. I realise the moderators can not possibly forensically examine each and every thread - let alone every post - but I would have hoped that they would be keeping a close enough eye on the forum to identify repeat offenders and caution them on their own initiative.

Edited by Tjay

We can't possibly protect everybody against hurt feelings at any time. This is a forum of soldiers, active or retired, and people who mix with this folk whose very profession is to get numbed a bit about subtleties.

Understood. No problem if an experienced member asks a question to which he should know the answer and is simply referred to the manual or the wiki. IMHO sarky comments such as 'Well, if you'd like to look here...' are unnecessary, but heyho, it makes some people feel good.

But the newbie who is not a 'soldier, active or retired' is faced with an extremely steep learning curve. And some of us have come to this game with no previous experience or knowledge of tanks or armoured warfare. If he forgets lessons learned in the tutorials such as how the TC lowers and raises himself in the cupola, he should not be made to feel small about it.

As an ex-instrutor in several other disciplines, I feel passionately about this. But I've now laboured the point more than enough so won't mention it again.

Russian promotional video showcasing the Nakidka signature reduction covers for armored vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYpwPx--exs

And inside a BMP-3M? -4M?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai9nP1SSeH4

I did laugh at the intro with the extremely fast parachuting BMP-3, reminded me of the Call of Duty M1 parachute tank scene. :D

Quite an interesting set of vids. Good interior views of that BMP-3M.

Quite an interesting set of vids. Good interior views of that BMP-3M.

When Esim fix the main gun on the BMP-3 I intend to use it in SVU.

In terms of firepower it could be considered a light tank. Not what it was designed for but Still. Kudos, To the Russian engineers they have put a hell of a lot of weapons on one Platform, Although I have heard its not a popular vehicle in the Russian army.

Please note that this post is not directed at any specific person, but rather to everyone collectively.

I am not here to babysit, or to make a value judgement on who is in the right or wrong. For me, it's a simple binary problem, and the only tool left in the toolbag is a ban hammer.

Problem: People are fighting on the forums

Goal: People are not fighting on the forums

If you are contributing to the problem, you will begin to lose forum privileges until you are no longer a contributing to the problem. How we reach the goal will be entirely up to the cast of characters involved.

Please note that this post is not directed at any specific person, but rather to everyone collectively.

I am not here to babysit, or to make a value judgement on who is in the right or wrong. For me, it's a simple binary problem, and the only tool left in the toolbag is a ban hammer.

Problem: People are fighting on the forums

Goal: People are not fighting on the forums

If you are contributing to the problem, you will begin to lose forum privileges until you are no longer a contributing to the problem. How we reach the goal will be entirely up to the cast of characters involved.

Hasn't Ssnake already dealt with this a few posts up?

When Esim fix the main gun on the BMP-3 I intend to use it in SVU.

In terms of firepower it could be considered a light tank. Not what it was designed for but Still. Kudos, To the Russian engineers they have put a hell of a lot of weapons on one Platform, Although I have heard its not a popular vehicle in the Russian army.

Why do you think its "broken"?

The last BG ANZAC AAR has screen shots of vehicles taking both 100mm and missile fire from BMP-3.

Or do you mean the inability to model the 30mm as well (i.e. all three weapons)?

• Members

Actually, I'd be highly surprised to see evidence of the 100mm gun lobbing HE shells at anyone in SB Pro at this point. Effectively the BMP-3 in SB Pro is a better armored BMP-2 with still the same 30mm gun (given that we could have only one of the two, we figured that in the majority of scenarios played the 30mm gun would have the higher overall utility value).

Actually, I'd be highly surprised to see evidence of the 100mm gun lobbing HE shells at anyone in SB Pro at this point. Effectively the BMP-3 in SB Pro is a better armored BMP-2 with still the same 30mm gun (given that we could have only one of the two, we figured that in the majority of scenarios played the 30mm gun would have the higher overall utility value).

If I remember correctly, you included this information in the release notes that's why I have Not really explored the BMP-3 capability's yet. I should imagine is esim ever decide to make It playable it would be a very complex fire control to model.