Video Thread

DemolitionMan

And not just their Tanguska marksmanship. It would be nice (!) if vehicle and infantry units in MP would follow routes as instructed and not keep stopping every 50m and refusing to move again unless the player 'babysits' them in first person or F8 view. IMHO fixing this should be eSim's absolute No 1 priority, as it makes coordinated movement of mulitple units by a single player virtually impossible and (again IMHO) almost negates all the other benefits that have come with V3.xxx.

UKA encounters this problem in virtually every MP session it runs. Is there anything we can do to provide additional feed back to help eSim slay this bug for once and for all?

Tjay, I meant to chime in on this yesterday but completely forgot. Could some of the issues you were having (the runaway Warrior comes to mind) be due to inadvertent placement of the LOS "bubble" in the battle position arc control? If you put the unit in a defensive posture without positioning the bubble somewhere to which the unit will have LOS, the AI will move the unit around, attempting to find a spot from which it will have LOS to the bubble.

Likewise, after thinking about the loss of my Leo1 in mission 2 yesterday, itmay have ended up on an exposed slope because I drew a retreat/reposition route too far forward to give it the benefit of frontal cover as it moved to a new firing position. Unfortunately, I didn't save the AAR, so I can't confirm.

• Members
SB started out as golf sim I belive?

Actually, no. The engine came first. It was tailored to render rolling terrain from close to the ground. Of course, from that a range of possible application cases could be derived - among them golf and racing games. Plenty of these were around at the time, but virtually no tank simulations since the original M1PT and Team Yankee. That's why Al chose to work in that area, and then started to look for internet dudes with a credible claim of expert knowledge. I just happened to be one of them.

Actually, no. The engine came first. It was tailored to render rolling terrain from close to the ground. Of course, from that a range of possible application cases could be derived - among them golf and racing games. Plenty of these were around at the time, but virtually no tank simulations since the original M1PT and Team Yankee. That's why Al chose to work in that area, and then started to look for internet dudes with a credible claim of expert knowledge. I just happened to be one of them.

Talk about being in the right place at the right time. LoL

Tjay, I meant to chime in on this yesterday but completely forgot. Could some of the issues you were having (the runaway Warrior comes to mind) be due to inadvertent placement of the LOS "bubble" in the battle position arc control? If you put the unit in a defensive posture without positioning the bubble somewhere to which the unit will have LOS, the AI will move the unit around, attempting to find a spot from which it will have LOS to the bubble.

Thanks for your reply. It could have been LOS bubble related except that it's normally possible to quickly regain control of any vehicle moving under AI control in accordance with the control logic. But when my two vehicle section moved off on their own accord there was NOTHING I could do to get them back under control. Eventually they came to rest and a minute or so later I was able to drive them back to their original position. I thought that perhaps someone had jumped into my driver's position, but that was not the case. Weird. :confused:

Guest Killjoy

Few years ago, War & Peace had a display from the "Red Alliance", who do alot of Eastern Bloc Airsoft and Re-enactment:

MSaVQZRuTos

Proper good job.

Ha that funny the way you referred to your self as an internet dude,lol:luxhello::bigsmile:

Yea, about the whale, not a shining moment in judgement. :)

All Oregon beaches are under the jurisdiction of the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department,[3] but in 1970, Oregon beaches were technically classified as state highways, so responsibility for disposing of the carcass fell upon the Oregon Highway Division (now known as the Oregon Department of Transportation, or ODOT).[4] After consulting with officials from the United States Navy, they decided that it would be best to remove the whale the same way as they would to remove a boulder. They thought burying the whale would be ineffective as it would soon be uncovered, and believed dynamite would disintegrate the whale into pieces small enough for scavengers to clear up.

Thus, half a ton of dynamite was applied to the carcass. The engineer in charge of the operation, George Thornton, stated—on camera, in an interview with Portland newsman Paul Linnman—that he wasn't exactly sure how much dynamite would be needed. (Thornton later explained that he was chosen to remove the whale because the district engineer, Dale Allen, had gone hunting).[5][6]

Coincidentally, a military veteran from Springfield with explosives training, Walter Umenhofer, was at the scene scoping a potential manufacturing site for his employer.[1] Umenhofer later told The Springfield News reporter Ben Raymond Lode that he had warned Thornton that the amount of dynamite he was using was very wrong—when he first heard that 20 cases were being used he was in disbelief. He had known that 20 cases of dynamite was far too much dynamite to be used. Instead of 20 cases they needed 20 sticks of dynamite. Umenhofer said Thornton was not interested in the advice. In an odd coincidence, Umenhofer's brand-new Oldsmobile was flattened by a chunk of falling blubber after the blast. He told Lode he had just bought the Ninety-Eight Regency at Dunham Oldsmobile in Eugene, during the "Get a Whale of a Deal" promotion.[1]

The resulting explosion was caught on film by cameraman Doug Brazil for a story reported by news reporter Paul Linnman of KATU-TV in Portland, Oregon. In his voice-over, Linnman alliteratively joked that "land-lubber newsmen" became "land-blubber newsmen ... for the blast blasted blubber beyond all believable bounds."[5] The explosion caused large pieces of blubber to land near buildings and in parking lots some distance away from the beach, one of which caused severe damage to Umenhoefer's parked car. Only some of the whale was disintegrated; most of it remained on the beach for the Oregon Highway Division workers to clear away. In his report, Linnman also noted that scavenger birds, whom it had been hoped would eat the remains of the carcass after the explosion, were all scared away by the noise.

Ending his story, Linnman noted that "It might be concluded that, should a whale ever be washed ashore in Lane County again, those in charge will not only remember what to do, they'll certainly remember what not to do." When 41 sperm whales beached nearby in 1979, state parks officials burned and buried them.[7]

Linnman's implication that the highway department had made a mistake was not subscribed to by Thornton, who later that day told Eugene Register-Guard reporter Larry Bacon that "It went just exactly right. ... Except the blast funneled a hole in the sand under the whale" (causing some of the whale chunks to be blown back toward the onlookers and their cars, he went on to say).[8]

Thornton was promoted to the Medford office several months after the incident, and served in that post until his retirement. When Linnman contacted him in the mid-1990s, the newsman said Thornton felt the operation had been an overall success and had been converted into a public-relations disaster by hostile media reports.[9]

Currently, Oregon State Parks Department policy is to bury whale carcasses where they land. If the sand is not deep enough, they are relocated to another beach.[10]

Girls und Panzer

Kuromorimine Girls High School

Kuromorimine Girls High School (黒森峰女学園 Kuromorimine Jogakuen) is a German style academy from Kumamoto Prefecture. It was the national champion nine times running until their defeat the previous year by Pravda. Their tanks include the Tiger I, Tiger II, Panzer III, Jagdpanzer IVs, Panther tanks, Jagdpanther, Elefant, Jagdtiger and Panzer VIII Maus. The school insignia is an Iron Cross with the kanji for Kuromorimine (黒森峰?, lit. "black forest peak") superimposed on top. The school themes include "Auf der Heide blüht ein kleines Blümelein" and the "Panzerlied". - wikipedia

YLDyBXOoMR4&hd=1

Guest Killjoy
They have a porsche Tiger as well - with turbo - the tiny lion decal is awesome :D

OIGntKr2kY0

I still cant wrap my mind around the concept of this anime.

This is what happens when you let WoT players write a TV show.

I'm just surprised it doesn't have Ponies in it.

They have a porsche Tiger as well - with turbo - the tiny lion decal is awesome :D

That's their team logo. Team Leopon of the Oarai Girl's High School. :)

Leopon Team

The Leopon Team (レオポンさんチーム, Reopon-san Chīmu) consists of Ōarai's automotive club, who often do repairs on the tanks in between matches. They join the finals match, driving a prototype tank that the Rabbit team found in episode 7. The tank is a Tiger (P), also known as Porsche Tiger, which sports a 88mm KwK L/56 gun. - wikipedia