Video Thread

DemolitionMan

On 5/19/2016 at 1:28 AM, Gibsonm said:

From memory the brief indicates that, with the Leo 1AS used as a proxy.

The brief mentions AMX-13s and Centurions.

Israel phased out the AMX-13 by 1969. As for Centurions, there was only a single battalion of them in Sinai when the war erupted. They were sent from Bir Gafgafa to the area of the (deserted at the time) town of Qantara, in the northern sector of the Suez canal.

Generally speaking, Sinai was always the "Patton's kingdom". Between 1967 and the 1973 war, there were 2 M48 brigades permanently stationed in Sinai. One was holding the Bar-lev line while the other was training at the rear (Bir Gafgafa or Bir Thmada), swapping every 3 months.

After the war, the M48s were gradually replaced by M60s (the early version with the rounded turret) and another active brigade was established with M60A1s.

The following video shows M48s in Sinai in February 1975:

Edited by Iarmor

• Members

If you liked this ... I can but recommend to (re-)watch "Zulu", one my top five war movies ever (and pretty much the only one about that specific war, time period, and location). So you can see the drill put to action. Plus, some first class acting, be it the two officers, be it the master sergeant. Simply brilliant.

They released a remastered BluRay two years ago or so for the 50th anniversary.

18 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

If you liked this ... I can but recommend to (re-)watch "Zulu", one my top five war movies ever (and pretty much the only one about that specific war, time period, and location). So you can see the drill put to action. Plus, some first class acting, be it the two officers, be it the master sergeant. Simply brilliant.

They released a remastered BluRay two years ago or so for the 50th anniversary.

Indeed it is a classic, its in my top ten along with waterloo the longest day and a bridge to far

Watched a documentary about the real events and aftermath of Rorks drift, the two officers at Rorks drift were promoted straight to the rank of major.

There was also some controversy about the martini henry rifle it had a design flaw when fired rapidly.

The rifle would jam. a bit like the SA-80. LoL

• Members
4 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

I always assumed laying a bridge on a bridge was a SB cheat, but look at 2:30 in the video!

I suppose the cheat would be that you can lay more bridges on top of each other in SB pro trhan you would in real life if you really wanted to "go full retard". At least in real life you wouldn't use more than three bridges for one crossing. I must confess, I haven't tried out how many bridges one could actually stack up in SB Pro... but even then the actual exploit potential seems to be rather limited.

The Powerful North Korea Anti tank weapons (please don't spend all your time watching your glorious future leader ;)  go directly to 32m15s and further for the BIG MBT explosion and helicopter missile top attack )

Edited by Galileo