Video Thread

DemolitionMan

10 hours ago, daskal said:

I want to visit there some day as well. Did you have to pay VIP for being allowed to climb in or the normal ticket did it?

No i did not have a VIP pass.

On the day i went to visit the museum the tiger was not on display it had been used the day before and was in for a maintenance check.

I asked  the museum staff if i could see it and i had had travelled all the way from Ireland to view the tiger.

They took me to the maintenance yard i could and believe my luck when they invited me to sit inside the beast 

You could mail them in advance of your visit and request the same privilege. 

• Members

...objectively, it is. Less outdated than, say, a T-62 of course. Still capable - like a T-55. And yet, it represents early 1970s technology. The best that we had at the time but hardly the best we could have today. M1A2, SEP, SEP3 - they are all good and well and still adequate for the moment, but the huge technological advantage that the Abrams once had has become smaller and smaller.

I would agree the M1 is starting to show its age a little.

But realistically so is the Leo-2 CR-2 etc Upgraded variants  have kept them still superior to any eastern designs though

The T-14 and type 99s are still a unknown entity and it will be a long time before there be fielded in large numbers.

IMO, build a Nato tank and share the massive development costs

38 minutes ago, Marko said:

I would agree the M1 is starting to show its age a little.

But realistically so is the Leo-2 CR-2 etc Upgraded variants  have kept them still superior to any eastern designs though

The T-14 and type 99s are still a unknown entity and it will be a long time before there be fielded in large numbers.

IMO, build a Nato tank and share the massive development costs

Joint working and international cooperation seem to fall out of fashion lately ?

• Members

Note the number of bitch slaps from the various twigs and branches while driving at high speed through narrow forest paths. Those were all the small ones because armored vehicles drive through with regularity. Not so out in the countryside in a combat situation, where often you will be the first to drive there with a tank. There the bigger branches are still untouched (until they touch you).