Video Thread

DemolitionMan

Since I was a kid, I enjoy just about everything military related, be it air, land or sea. Aside from dedicating some years of my teenage life to military related jobs/service (C.A.P./USA and Spanish Legion), I have built many plastic kits as a hobby in the past, and meet many people with a passion for this hobby.  Although I don´t build anymore (I do fly RC when the weather is good), I know that folks who do build and attended/participate in hobby fairs are VERY well educated in military history, and will spot all kinds of data related to that model tank on display.  That´s what the judges look for, a well documented hobbiest.

It might be that "nobody cares" around here about tank kits, or maybe someone dose (like me), but it is a big statement to say "who cares".  Either way, I have no issue in deleting the post.  I don´t get paid to do this and/or make videos for the community.  I respect everybodys comments and act accordingly.  I might have misunderstood what you were trying to say, which is very easy on text.  In any case, I just wanted to explain "why" I posted a video about "military" related hobby kit´s.

9 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Since I was a kid, I enjoy just about everything military related, be it air, land or sea. Aside from dedicating some years of my teenage life to military related jobs/service (C.A.P./USA and Spanish Legion), I have built many plastic kits as a hobby in the past, and meet many people with a passion for this hobby.  Although I don´t build anymore (I do fly RC when the weather is good), I know that folks who do build and attended/participate in hobby fairs are VERY well educated in military history, and will spot all kinds of data related to that model tank on display.  That´s what the judges look for, a well documented hobbiest.

It might be that "nobody cares" around here about tank kits, or maybe someone dose (like me), but it is a big statement to say "who cares".  Either way, I have no issue in deleting the post.  I don´t get paid to do this and/or make videos for the community.  I respect everybodys comments and act accordingly.  I might have misunderstood what you were trying to say, which is very easy on text.  In any case, I just wanted to explain "why" I posted a video about "military" related hobby kit´s.

I also no longer build, but enjoy looking at other peoples work

I have a RC tank i am always meaning to add extra detail too

Better paint scheme some weathering maybe etc.

So please keep posting. 

Ok, I wont extend into this because it´s not the purpose of this thread but here´s a technique I used in the past that works wonders! The salt technique, hope it helps you get better results...

The good thing now day´s, compared to when I started is that we now have YT which is a excelent source for guides and techniques for model building.  One thing that still surprises me still today is how in the world people come up with these ideas!

Did you know that "Futura" (or it´s equivalent), a floor wax, is a excelent varnish, and a cheap one too! (look it up).  I´ll just leave it here or this would be long! :D

Red