Video Thread

DemolitionMan

On 5/14/2019 at 10:29 AM, Bond_Villian said:

Cant say i agree with his opinion that the T72 is "obsolete"

I think I certainly would, although I think that would depend upon the version?

The T-72A, T-72B, T-72BV are pretty darn obsolete by now.  But a T-72B3 with it's fancy new sights and stuff seems like it's relatively modern and capable.

And the T-72BU *COUGH* Sorry I mean the T-90, which is totally not a T-72 renamed for propaganda reasons, is of course very modern...

• Members

They all suffer however from not separating crew and ammo.

(Like the Leopards.)

From a technological position that makes them about as obsolete or useful as a T-55 - which can still be a big problem if you don't have a proper anti-tank weapon ready if you're confronted by one.

Well i suppose it depends on what you consider 'obsolete' to mean. Some definitions define obsolescence as "no longer in use or no longer useful" (emphasis added) , which is certainly not true of a T72 or even a T55.

Obviously there is no argument that there are far superior designs and technologies around though :)

Thanks for the video!!

I think that for people like me that were in the military in the 80‘s, seeing M1 or Leopard tanks training alongside BMP and Mi-24 helicopters it is still an almost surreal sight. But a very welcomed sight considering what could have been the other option.

That makes me feel quite a bite better this morning.

Hey! 🖐️So glad that you liked the video Assassin 7 and Furia. When I saw it just before going to bed was like a shoot of energy 🤩 at once I know I have to place it here before sleep (well..."tried to" after that haha) I like much more that kind of units than the actual and "fancy" ones.  70s + 80s all the way! 😎 Looking /listening them together was a blast. Hope to find the full video (like that without added music) and we have to place it right here. Good day to all 👍

Edited by Vikingo