Video Thread

DemolitionMan

Gibsonm, just for curiosity, most of the amphibious landing exercises I have seen make extensive use of smoke screens to cover the beach landings. I suppose on this case this was not deemed necessay as part of the exercise scope  or maybe.there were some enviromental concerns for not doing so.

That beach area looks very nice !!!!

40 minutes ago, Furia said:

Gibsonm, just for curiosity, most of the amphibious landing exercises I have seen make extensive use of smoke screens to cover the beach landings. I suppose on this case this was not deemed necessay as part of the exercise scope  or maybe.there were some enviromental concerns for not doing so.

That beach area looks very nice !!!!

Well its in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, plus there are other environmental issues (hence why the vehicles move off the beach in single file, rather than just push on inland).

Effectively the beach landing is one activity and then Blue transitions through an exercise control area before encountering Red.

Edited by Gibsonm